IGNORED

Atarimax SIO2PC with Respeqt

toddtmw

Hi. I was recently informed that the Atarimax USB SIO2PC adapter works with Respeqt. I downloade version 4 and it seems to want me to pick a com port, but it does not appear the Atarimax cable uses a com port and the software cannot see it.

Is there a trick to getting the Atarimax USB SIO2PC to work with Respeqt?

As always, thanks for any help anyone is willing to provide.

Todd

Yes, I was wrong. I am sorry about that. Only with the USB version of Atarimax SIO2PC. I have the older RS232 version which works fine withe RespeQT. I made a stupid assumption that the USB versions maintained that compatibility. I am totally willing to admit when I'm wrong.

Everything I stated is true, with the RS232 version. However, I still think that's only the hardware side, I think the APE software will work with other SIO2USB devices, and does many things that RespeQT doesn't, especially with the support programs like Prosystem and Imagic, as well as Remote Control when used with APE Warp+ OS.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

APE will work with other sio2pc usb devices other than the Atarimax versions when you select software mode and virtual com port.... (read the manual and Atarimax forums) it works but not at divisor 0 but that may change...

it has been done on a mac using com port redirection going the other way but at the time APE was far superior and the thread for it was to time... double com port redirection or some such blarg.... with pclink that has changed.... but the Atarimax sio2pc rs232 works without all those shenanigans and is bullet proof...

APE with Atarimax sio2pc usb is the only combination thus far that can truly emulate/handle XF high speed protocol as it transitions speeds fast enough and the others can not thus far... there were other transistional speed devices APE could handle and a list was made and listed elsewhere..

hopefully I covered this with the proper wording....

• Like 1