Photo

Tempest 4000

305 replies to this topic

#301 Tempest Nut OFFLINE  

Tempest Nut

Chopper Commander

• 121 posts

Posted Tue May 14, 2019 12:55 PM

I'm up to 15,000,000 points in Class1c as of last night which is almost a million points ahead of 2nd place!

Class1c-15-million.jpg

#302 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,838 posts

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 7:27 AM

Well...

True to my word, i waited for a physical version and Jeff did get my money

Picked it up on PS4 and having got bored with GTA 5, just gave it a crack.

Inital impressions are definitely Hmmn non. ..

I'm not a fan of the visual style used for the A.I Droid, nor am i liking the flying through the rings section between each level.

Controls are taking some time to get a feel for.PS4 Dual Stick does not offer the precision i crave, D-pad is better, but what gives with this bloody coasting?.

Default settings for Audio had the speech and Sound FX subdued by the music to the point of being almost drowned out by it and it's taking some tinkering to find just the right balance (and why can i not adjust both in game? have to quit to main menu to tweak

Even with balance where i want it..audio seems a little...pedestrian? for Minter.

I am playing on a 4K TV but seriously Jeff the game throws a little too much visual clutter at you at once and it overwhelms.

I'm warming to the game, but it's bloody tough.

Only reached level 7 so far

#303 Flojomojo OFFLINE  

Flojomojo

You can't handle the truth. No truth-handler, you.

• 16,471 posts
  • I deride your truth-handling abilities.

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 8:02 AM

Minter is on here if you want to ask him directly.

#304 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,838 posts

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 11:56 AM

Minter is on here if you want to ask him directly.

Where?

In the past i contacted him directly, 1 st for Atari Gamer, then for ST Gamer and finally about his brief work on the Panther and Unity on the G.C when Unseen64 wanted info.

Never had a single reply.

Had to have others tweet him on my behalf over those nonsense claims he'd coded on the Lynx, loved it and was doing Ultra Star Raiders..

Or used quotes from interviews he did with the press..

Or put up documents regarding his Jaguar development (Defender 2000) Scott Stilphen passed onto me.

I've bought and enjoyed Jeff's games on the A8, C64, ST, Jaguar and now PS4, but had zero luck getting anything back from any Q's put to him in the past.

#305 Tempest Nut OFFLINE  

Tempest Nut

Chopper Commander

• 121 posts

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 12:05 PM

Jeff are you out there?

#306 Lost Dragon OFFLINE  

Lost Dragon

River Patroller

• 3,838 posts

Posted Sat May 18, 2019 12:20 PM

I will happily chat with anyone from the industry, espically those who's lifetime of work i have experienced.

Not going to shy away from fact not everything Jeff has done has been to my tastes, but my hopefully constructive criticism has always been made as someone who bought his work, rather than borrowed or played at a friends.

If your out there Jeff, be great to put some misc Q's your way.

Either P.M me or post in here.

Ta.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users