IGNORED

Todd's 5.51 Dragster score

homerwannabee

It seems, for some people this is not about the score but about a. .

It does seem personal for some people. I never understood the popularity of the whole High Score thing on a National level. Whenever you get a small group of people deciding on what is legit or not there will always be favoritism or outright cheating. The only high scores that mattered to us is what we did playing head to head. The only way to prove this would be to go back in time and have Todd do it in person. It wouldn't matter today because I am sure that no one has the same skills today they had 40 years ago. It would be interesting to see Todd play on the setup that Ben Heck put together to see if his play style has any impact on the time.

I will add that I have met Todd as well as other well known high score people like Billy Mitchell and their skills are legit.

• Like 1

It does seem personal for some people.

There will always be those people who want to see the guy at the top fall, but I honestly don't think that's the case for most people following this. I personally don't care about Todd as I never met him and I don't do highscore competitions, but I do like a good mystery.

The way I see it, it's already been debunked. Simulations have proven it, humans have proven it, and shortly Ben will prove it. The only people still defending this are grasping at straws with crap like 'timing differences between models' and 'power fluctuations'. Even if something like that could allow someone to get Todd's time, they'd be considered cheating since they're hardware errors. So that means that either a. Todd is lying, or b. Todd did get the score he said he did, but it shouldn't count since it was due to a glitch. Either way, that record shouldn't stand. I really don't see any other outcome.

Im going to be blunt and clarify what i said, i really couldn't care less about this Todd blokes high score whatsoever. There is no grasping at straws and the timing i was talking about had no intention of revisiting the 'high score debunk'. I was more interested in Stephana's post about emulation accuracy as it's an interest of mine and hobby. Many emulators run uniform as in there is no randomness when in reality hardware has many variables. Slightly off topic yes, however it still somewhat coincides with the topic at hand as hardware randomness is a huge topic with speed runners. All im concerned about is accurate emulation for preservation.

As for whether the topic was done and dusted or not, the fact is when a topic is bumped, then people are going to join the conversation. I really don't see the issue, unless the topic is well over 12months old, then it's digging the corps from the grave so to speak. Anyway thought id clear that up before any knickers get into knots.

Im going to be blunt and clarify what i said, i really couldn't care less about this Todd blokes high score whatsoever. There is no grasping at straws and the timing i was talking about had no intention of revisiting the 'high score debunk'. I was more interested in Stephana's post about emulation accuracy as it's an interest of mine and hobby. Many emulators run uniform as in there is no randomness when in reality hardware has many variables. Slightly off topic yes, however it still somewhat coincides with the topic at hand as hardware randomness is a huge topic with speed runners. All im concerned about is accurate emulation for preservation.

As for whether the topic was done and dusted or not, the fact is when a topic is bumped, then people are going to join the conversation. I really don't see the issue, unless the topic is well over 12months old, then it's digging the corps from the grave so to speak. Anyway thought id clear that up before any knickers get into knots.

I wasn't talking about you. I don't even know who you are.

• Like 1