Photo

VGA Adaptor for Apple II and IIGS

2 replies to this topic

#1 Sky7 OFFLINE  

Sky7

Space Invader

• 40 posts

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 PM

Was there never a VGA adapter for the Apple II or the IIGS that would convert the RGB signal to VGA and provide scan-doubling support? I have noticed that there are one or two VGA adapter cards available but requires you to find a VGA display that will will sync down to 15 Khz. 

I'm looking for a display adapter along the lines of the Microway FlickerFixer's that were available for the Amiga computers with a video expansion slot. The Microway FlickerFixer would convert the Amiga's RGB signal to VGA but also provide scan-doubling support at 30 Khz. This allowed you to use just about any off the shelf VGA monitor. 

I have just restored a nice Apple IIGS and I'm now looking to use a VGA display. 

Edited by Sky7, Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 PM.

#2 H454 OFFLINE  

H454

Moonsweeper

• 332 posts

Posted Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:01 PM

Was there never a VGA adapter for the Apple II or the IIGS that would convert the RGB signal to VGA and provide scan-doubling support? I have noticed that there are one or two VGA adapter cards available but requires you to find a VGA display that will will sync down to 15 Khz. 

I'm looking for a display adapter along the lines of the Microway FlickerFixer's that were available for the Amiga computers with a video expansion slot. The Microway FlickerFixer would convert the Amiga's RGB signal to VGA but also provide scan-doubling support at 30 Khz. This allowed you to use just about any off the shelf VGA monitor. 

I have just restored a nice Apple IIGS and I'm now looking to use a VGA display. 

http://www.a2heaven.com/webshop/                         

Apple II thru IIe have a card with up scaling built in and a box for the IIc.

The manual says they are working on one for the IIgs.

Both appear to be out of stock tho.icon_tears.gif

The IIgs  - best bet right now is a cable to a PVM/BVM or a VGA adapter  to a multi-sync monitor that supports 15khz or VGA adapter to an upscaler / doubler with a modern monitor.

#3 Polymorph OFFLINE  

Polymorph

Space Invader

• 28 posts

Posted Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:22 PM

Nishida Radio makes (made?) small batches of DVI and VGA adapters for the ROM03 IIgs:

http://tulip-house.d...AL/english.html

I have one of his DVI adapters and they are awesome!

Hopefully his health will improve so that he can make some more of these.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users