Zippy the Porcupine Binary Released!

43 replies to this topic

#26 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,405 posts

Posted Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:33 PM

When I bought my Zippy, there was no box option. Is there a way I can buy just a box? I'll buy a couple more items too if I can get this box.

Yes, I can sell you a box separately, and can include it with another order which would save you having to pay shipping for it.. 

..Al

#27 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,763 posts

Posted Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 PM

How many copies from our favorite ebay seller are up yet?  Or did he start selling that ages ago?

Not a terribly high price hike but you can save about $12 or so buying direct from the AA store.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 152489488481

Someone made a mint off a CIB Bentley Bear not long ago... :roll:

#28 Sprybug OFFLINE  

Sprybug

Dragonstomper

• 562 posts

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 AM

@sprybug, I'd like to get this added to the ROM properties database in Stella. Please provide the following info:

Cartridge.Manufacturer

Cartridge.ModelNo

Cartridge.Name

Cartridge.Note

Sure, I just need a little clarification on what you are looking for exactly for these parameters.  Would Manufacturer be "AtariAge"?  Model No, I'm guessing would be the one I assigned, which in Atari tradition was a CX number.  Princess Rescue was CX26200 and this one is "CX26201".  Name "Zippy the Porcupine".  Note, if you want to put in the author, which would be me, you can put my name "Chris Spry" and anything else of note would be 64K Program Code and maybe that I had 8 wonderful beta testers that helped me debug the thing!  It was a lot of work with such a large code!

If you need me to be clear on anything else, just let me know.

#29 stephena ONLINE  

stephena

River Patroller

• 3,117 posts
  • Stella maintainer

Posted Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:30 AM

This is all the info I need; I will model the properties after what you've provided for 'Princess Rescue'.

EDIT: Information is now added to Stella, and will be in the next release.  I also modified the Princess Rescue info to use CX26200 instead of simply 26200.

#30 Fr0st OFFLINE  

Fr0st

Moonsweeper

• 389 posts

Posted Sat Sep 2, 2017 11:01 AM

At 38 years of age, one of my proudest achievements is helping test zippy,and get acknowledged in the manual, I have tons of ideas for games but no computing knowledge, so at least I have done one thing in the atari community

#31 Tidus79001 OFFLINE  

Tidus79001

Star Raider

• 151 posts
  • I will not comply

Posted Tue Sep 5, 2017 4:05 PM

Is the manual available online in PDF format or images?  I do plan on buying a boxed copy for the Atari Age store but would like to have the electronic manual as well to go along with ROM I downloaded for the game.

Thanks

#32 SoliSempre OFFLINE  

SoliSempre

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:32 PM

Sprybug and Albert.  You guys are the best.  He's a brief video review on Zippy to show my thanks.  It would have been longer but I haven't even beaten it yet.  icon_smile.gif  Don't judge too hard as I'm pretty new to Youtube.

Edited by SoliSempre, Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:33 PM.

#33 AW127 OFFLINE  

AW127

Moonsweeper

• 305 posts

Posted Mon Jan 1, 2018 11:13 PM

Short question here. This game-rom has 64kb and therefore needs a Harmony Encore to work, right? On my normal Harmony, i get the error-message "unrecognized file-type" when i try to load it.

#34 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,763 posts

Posted Tue Jan 2, 2018 10:23 PM

Short question here. This game-rom has 64kb and therefore needs a Harmony Encore to work, right? On my normal Harmony, i get the error-message "unrecognized file-type" when i try to load it.

Correct. The original harmony couldn't handle 64kb, which was one reason I regretably opted out of beta testing it.

#35 Dan Iacovelli OFFLINE  

Dan Iacovelli

Quadrunner

• 6,023 posts

Posted Wed Jan 3, 2018 7:30 AM

Correct. The original harmony couldn't handle 64kb, which was one reason I regretably opted out of beta testing it.

I was beta tester for zippy I didn't mind using stella at the time for testing

#36 AW127 OFFLINE  

AW127

Moonsweeper

• 305 posts

Posted Sat Jan 6, 2018 1:51 PM

Thanks for the answer Kosmic Stardust. Reason to get a Encore version in the future maybe, i will see.

Until now, apart from this game, luckily all my favourites also work on my normal Harmony too. But when more top 64kb-roms come out in the future, i think about an Encore.

I have two Vader-A2600-consols here, then every console would have it`s own Harmony.   :)

#37 DEBRO OFFLINE  

DEBRO

Stargunner

• 1,940 posts

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:40 PM

Hi there,

This is all the info I need; I will model the properties after what you've provided for 'Princess Rescue'.

EDIT: Information is now added to Stella, and will be in the next release.  I also modified the Princess Rescue info to use CX26200 instead of simply 26200.

Would this interfere with Video Simon done in 2000 by Mark De Smet? His game is labeled as CX-26200 too.

https://www.atari260...ideo-simon.html

#38 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 33,938 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:46 PM

Don't click on that, if you are afraid of the Hozer head!

#39 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,763 posts

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:48 PM

Don't click on that, if you are afraid of the Hozer head!

Look, we get he's a bit seedy and have inferior products (in terms of both build quality and game content) than the AA store, but is a full on boycott really necessary?

#40 Albert ONLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 34,405 posts

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:54 PM

Look, we get he's a bit seedy and have inferior products (in terms of both build quality and game content) than the AA store, but is a full on boycott really necessary?

Do you think it's okay to pirate homebrew games? 

..Al

#41 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 33,938 posts
  • I am the one who knocks!

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:58 PM

He is still young.  I wish I was.

#42 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 16,763 posts

Posted Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:59 PM

Do you think it's okay to pirate homebrew games? 

..Al

Definitely not. Much of the 3rd party stuff for sale elsewhere online uses his boards though. None of the stuff on his 2600 sale page are available in the AA store, aside from the Ebivision games.

#43 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,146 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:57 AM

Much of the 3rd party stuff for sale elsewhere online uses his boards though. None of the stuff on his 2600 sale page are available in the AA store...

How does that justify anything? icon_rolleyes.gif

#44 Thomas Jentzsch OFFLINE  

Thomas Jentzsch

Thrust, Jammed, SWOOPS!, Boulder Dash, THREE·S, Star Castle

• 23,146 posts
  • Always left from right here!

Posted Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:00 AM

but is a full on boycott really necessary?

What is a non "full on boycott"?

If someone is stealing other peoples work (knowingly and continuously!), how should this person be handled?

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users