IGNORED

Zippy the Porcupine Binary Released!

Albert

When I bought my Zippy, there was no box option. Is there a way I can buy just a box? I'll buy a couple more items too if I can get this box.

Yes, I can sell you a box separately, and can include it with another order which would save you having to pay shipping for it..

..Al

How many copies from our favorite ebay seller are up yet? Or did he start selling that ages ago?

Not a terribly high price hike but you can save about $12 or so buying direct from the AA store.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1524894884811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=152489488481&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Someone made a mint off a CIB Bentley Bear not long ago... :roll:

@sprybug, I'd like to get this added to the ROM properties database in Stella. Please provide the following info:

Cartridge.Manufacturer

Cartridge.ModelNo

Cartridge.Name

Cartridge.Note

Sure, I just need a little clarification on what you are looking for exactly for these parameters. Would Manufacturer be "AtariAge"? Model No, I'm guessing would be the one I assigned, which in Atari tradition was a CX number. Princess Rescue was CX26200 and this one is "CX26201". Name "Zippy the Porcupine". Note, if you want to put in the author, which would be me, you can put my name "Chris Spry" and anything else of note would be 64K Program Code and maybe that I had 8 wonderful beta testers that helped me debug the thing! It was a lot of work with such a large code!

If you need me to be clear on anything else, just let me know.

• Like 2

This is all the info I need; I will model the properties after what you've provided for 'Princess Rescue'.

EDIT: Information is now added to Stella, and will be in the next release. I also modified the Princess Rescue info to use CX26200 instead of simply 26200.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Short question here. This game-rom has 64kb and therefore needs a Harmony Encore to work, right? On my normal Harmony, i get the error-message "unrecognized file-type" when i try to load it.

Correct. The original harmony couldn't handle 64kb, which was one reason I regretably opted out of beta testing it.
  • Like 1

Thanks for the answer Kosmic Stardust. Reason to get a Encore version in the future maybe, i will see.

Until now, apart from this game, luckily all my favourites also work on my normal Harmony too. But when more top 64kb-roms come out in the future, i think about an Encore.

I have two Vader-A2600-consols here, then every console would have it`s own Harmony. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

This is all the info I need; I will model the properties after what you've provided for 'Princess Rescue'.

EDIT: Information is now added to Stella, and will be in the next release. I also modified the Princess Rescue info to use CX26200 instead of simply 26200.

Would this interfere with Video Simon done in 2000 by Mark De Smet? His game is labeled as CX-26200 too.

https://www.atari2600homebrew.com/video-simon.html

• 4 months later...

Thanks for the answer Kosmic Stardust. Reason to get a Encore version in the future maybe, i will see.

Until now, apart from this game, luckily all my favourites also work on my normal Harmony too. But when more top 64kb-roms come out in the future, i think about an Encore.

I have two Vader-A2600-consols here, then every console would have it`s own Harmony. :)

well i recently purchased an encore or so the label says, zippy still produces an 'unrecognised file type' error so for now i guess i will be using the proper cartridge

well i recently purchased an encore or so the label says, zippy still produces an 'unrecognised file type' error so for now i guess i will be using the proper cartridge

my problem was trying to use the pal60 105 firmware, you need to use the 106 firmware even though it is ntsc only at the moment. the menu is bad colours but loads the game fine!

my problem was trying to use the pal60 105 firmware, you need to use the 106 firmware even though it is ntsc only at the moment. the menu is bad colours but loads the game fine!

You could make a suggestion for a new PAL60 conversion in the PAL60 thread for this game.

Later addendum: Aaaah forget what i wrote. I misunderstood it (translation problem) and thought you mean the game when you wrote "it is ntsc only...", but you meant the firmware. Realized it, because the game already exists in PAL. :)

Edited by AW127

I need to get this, of course with a box. I missed princess rescue and only get to emulate that, I'd love a real cart.

What's next on the agenda? Got a Nintendo side scroller, now a Sega one. Time for an Atari one! Junk yard dog :P (who else had a side scroller mascot character? Maybe gex 3do?)

Edited by Video

• 3 months later...

Heya Chris, we'll be featuring your game Zippy the Porcupine LIVE on today's ZeroPage Homebrew stream on Twitch at 6PM PT/9PM ET! Hope you can tune in to watch it! :-)

Twitch Stream: https://www.twitch.t...ropagehomebrew/

Games Today:

- Alien Attack (2018) by Edward Smith (easmith)
- Alien Revenge (2018) by Edward Smith (easmith)
- Monkey King (FINAL) (2018) by Alex Pietrow (coolcrab)
- Zippy The Porcupine by (2015) by Chris Spry (Sprybug)

post-37205-0-46958900-1539809624_thumb.jpg

• Like 1