Photo

Road Rage 2050

3 replies to this topic

#1 arcade_lights OFFLINE  

arcade_lights

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:31 AM

Hey guys. I understand there were issues with my previous topic. I apologize for that. I know I'm new here, but I should have gotten familiar with forum rules more thoroughly. It won't happen again. 

So I changed the title and excluded everything even remotely political from the game. Just plain old post apocalyptic racing-shooting game now.

Unlike my previous game, which sucks, I must say that for my 2nd game, I'm really satisfied with this. I studied batari basic more thoroughly this time and I managed to do several difficulty levels. First the enemies attack alone. Than they come in groups of 2, than 3. All 3 of them die at the same time if you hit one, which sucks, but it makes gameplay harder, so it counts. I still don't know how to work with multisprite kernel so I used NUSIZ1 to create an illusion of multiple enemies and also different colors. Later on speed of the game goes up, and player0 gets a powerup in the form of another car and bigger missile. The background also changes colors during waves which looks very "atarish". I also did the "eye hurting" game over screen in the vain of Missile command with my own sound composition.

So that's it for now. I don't have any more ideas for this. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Attached Files

#2 kdgarris ONLINE  

kdgarris

Chopper Commander

• 159 posts

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:09 AM

You can still give the illusion of multiple enemies using NUSIZx.  I do so with Space Game.  It's a big pain in the rear, but it can be done.  For example, if you have three close spacing, and the right one is shot, you can change it to two close spacing, and subtract 16 from the variable you use to keep track of the width of the enemies.  If it was the left one, you would do the same, but also add 16 to player0x or player1x.  If the middle one was hit, you would just change three close spacing to two medium spacing.  You can detect which is hit by comparing the missile x position to the enemy sprite's x position when a collision occurs.

Mind you, if you are satisfied with having all 3 get hit, then there's nothing wrong with that, either - whatever feels best for your game.  :-)

#3 arcade_lights OFFLINE  

arcade_lights

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 16 posts

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:30 PM

Thanx for the info! I'll give it a try.

#4 Random Terrain OFFLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,069 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:37 PM

You can still give the illusion of multiple enemies using NUSIZx.  I do so with Space Game.  It's a big pain in the rear, but it can be done.  For example, if you have three close spacing, and the right one is shot, you can change it to two close spacing, and subtract 16 from the variable you use to keep track of the width of the enemies.  If it was the left one, you would do the same, but also add 16 to player0x or player1x.  If the middle one was hit, you would just change three close spacing to two medium spacing.  You can detect which is hit by comparing the missile x position to the enemy sprite's x position when a collision occurs.

Mind you, if you are satisfied with having all 3 get hit, then there's nothing wrong with that, either - whatever feels best for your game.  :-)

This was added to the bB page recently:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#ex_dpc_shooting_nusiz

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users