IGNORED

Ken Siders has passed away

bikeguychicago

It was never released. Don't know if it was finished. I first knew of it when I watched one of those "Let's compare!" videos for Tetris and I nearly shat myself when I saw the one labeled as the 7800 version!

Wonder if it's anywhere near finished, and if not, if someone can pick it up and finish it.

I'm sad to hear this and 49 is way too young. While I first became a member in 2005, I knew about the Atari 7800 homebrew community since 2001. At the time Ken did Beefdrop, Ken did the most impressive homebrew game for the system.

Ken Siders was a great Atari 7800 homebrew programmer. Beef Drop and B@nq are must have homebrew Atari 7800 games. I hope someone can finish Ken's Tetris game for the system.

My condolences are to Ken's friends and family.

Damn this sucks. Beef Drop and Pac man Collection was the duo that brought me into buying homebrews. I feel for his family and friends as I lost my father when he was 49 years old. Just another reminder to take care of oneself and never ever leave something unresolved with someone you care about.

Sadness.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry to read this. I have been in the middle of moving to my new house and all that entails for the past month so I am literally just now reading this for the first time. I just want to say that Ken Siders provided myself and I'm sure many of us here with countless hours of enjoyment with our classic Atari systems, thanks to his masterful programming skills. Atari 5200 Beef Drop was possibly the first homebrew game I purchased, and it was, and still is, so absolutely incredible, a real work of art.

He will truly be missed simply by his absence from the community. I will honor his legacy by playing his games for many years to come. This is a guy who will be remembered at Atari Age, leaving a magnificent footprint on the homebrew scene. Seriously guys, his games are top shelf, are they not?

• Like 10

• 3 months later...