IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Bill and George on Odyssey 2

RSS Bot

So I have been working a lot on the game yesterday and today. All last night was attempting to get music for the title screen working. But I couldn't, so I had to give up on it. Today I worked on finishing level 1. Even this proved a tough job to tackle. At one point I just gave up. But then I had an idea come to mind. So I put in the idea and lo and behold, after much tweaking to make sure the screen didn't flash (it did a few times), I think I finished level 1. I played through it three times on real hardware and it was a success. No flashing screen.

I had to stop what I was doing to be with mom at the doctor's office. We stopped by a Safeway to get the prescription in. I stopped to get some ice cream and saw that it was buy one get one free! So I paid $4.79 for two containers full of my favorite ice cream. I think I left the change in the little thing that spits out change (I paid cash. Am I the only one that does so any more?) Oh well.

Well, anyway, I think I will call level 1 finished. I didn't like the design of level 2 last time where he was swimming. So I am going to change the way he swims and make it more freeform than it was last time, much like level 3 was, where he was flying around in his helicopter. And then I'll replace that level 3 idea with something I haven't thought up yet.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14150-bill-and-george-on-odyssey-2/