IGNORED

ATASCII codes map?

I am working on an Atari port of my Fields library, which is an UI library for cc65 that provides support for dialogs/records and menus to normal text-mode programs. I want to provide menu borders with special characters to make them look better. Therefore, I need to use the special border characters of the Atari. Where can I find the info I need?

Harry,

The control key is used in conjunction with the alphabet keys to create the built-in Atari graphics you are after. Use the image from David_P's link to determine the correct alphabet key. Most emulators will pass your PC CTRL key to the emulated Atari machine, so it would be the same as using real hardware.

The codes in the chart from Wiki are the hexidecimal codes that cc65 should need to generate the required characters for printing. The important thing to remember is that most of these codes mean something to an Epson compatible printer, so printing them in hard-copy might be an issue. Your original post leads me to believe you are interested in printing to the screen. These codes should work fine for that purpose.

Hope this helps.