IGNORED

just bought an Genesis/ Mega Drive and i´m really...

Went looking for threads about good Genesis games and found this old thing . . . started playing Starflight

My neighbor friend and I stayed up all night playing Starflight on the Genesis when I was a kid. Loved that game.

One of the best ports on the system as well as the best EA game.

• Like 1

I love the Sports games, particularly PGA Golf and NHL Hockey '94 and '97. '94 is the smoothest playing hockey game I've ever played, and '97 was extremely fast with slightly better mechanics.

PGA Golf is extremely immersive. Sit in a quiet room and let yourself sink in to TPC at Sawgrass.... best course in the game IMO.

Man, I need to drag my Sega out of the basement. :)

Outside of Sports titles, there are the Sonic games (of course) and maybe a few more folks don't play all that much.

Altered Beast

James Pond II (Robocod)

XMen

Road Rash

Road Rash II

ENJOY!

I love the Sports games, particularly PGA Golf and NHL Hockey '94 and '97. '94 is the smoothest playing hockey game I've ever played, and '97 was extremely fast with slightly better mechanics.

PGA Golf is extremely immersive. Sit in a quiet room and let yourself sink in to TPC at Sawgrass.... best course in the game IMO.

Man, I need to drag my Sega out of the basement. :)

Outside of Sports titles, there are the Sonic games (of course) and maybe a few more folks don't play all that much.

Altered Beast

James Pond II (Robocod)

XMen

Road Rash

Road Rash II

ENJOY!

the ea sports titles are actually pretty decent even if you are not into that stuff

just to add to jin's list

Target earth

though that game will right up kick you in the crotch and take your lunch money, once you get the hang of it its pretty good

Jin's list is a great start and I can co-sign a lot of it. Here are some games I would add, based mostly on my own enjoyment -- but I've put games I especially liked and think have broad appeal/would recommend without hesitation in bold.

Master System (all European imports):
Air Rescue
Land of Illusion
Line of Fire
The Smurfs
The Smurfs 2 (obscenely rare and expensive)
Genesis:
Arrow Flash
Atomic Robo-kid
Bonanza Bros.
Chiki Chiki Boys
Curse (JPN)
El Viento
Faery Tale Adventure
Fatal Labyrinth
Gain Ground
Granada
Jewel Master
Light Crusader
Marble Madness (JPN)
Pete Sampras Tennis
The Smurfs (EU)
Super Hydlide
Super Volleyball
Todd's Adventures in Slime World (ugly, but so addictive somehow)
Trampoline Terror
True Lies
Wani Wani World (JPN)
Wardner
Warrior of Rome II
World of Illusion
Sega CD:
Dracula Unleashed
Iron Helix
Mansion of Hidden Souls
Panic
Sol-Feace
Wirehead
Those five consecutive Genesis games I've highlighted -- Gain Ground, Granada, Jewel Master, Light Crusader, Marble Madness (Japanese version) -- would be a decent representation of my Top 5 favorites on the system.
In particular, Gain Ground is just awesome: strategic but arcade-style gameplay, and equally fun whether you play 1P or 2P co-op. Plus it also offers a somewhat different experience on each difficulty level. Not everyone likes this game, but people who do love it.
All the Sega CD games I mentioned are FMV adventures except Sol-Feace, but they were all enjoyable for me and my wife to play through. You have to enjoy making maps and taking notes, though. Fahrenheit was also fun for a while, but gets a little ridiculous when you try to actually beat it.

If you leave long games on pause and come back to them later, yeah, it'll fry your 32X, big time. But other than that, once I got another 32X to replace the one I fried (luckily I had gotten tired of Doom by then), it never froze up since.

If it starts getting jittery, then it's about to go, so lay off the Doom then!

I think you just had bad luck. While this may be true of cd consoles, the 32x has no moving parts.

I have left the Atari running for weeks, SNES, Genesis, NES, running for weeks on games I could not finish. Once I left my Atari run with Princess Rescue loaded in the cart slot, stuck at the beginning of 4-1, for two weeks while I was away at college. Solid state electronics doesn't burn up or wear out from extended idling. Unless the 32x sufferes from heat issues, no reason it can't run continuously. And letting your console on pause for extended periods is no different than playing it during the same time frame. Just be sure to turn off the tv when not in use.

So if your 32x went kaput, it was simply it's time to go.