IGNORED

Team Pixelboy News Bulletin - September 4th 2017

Pixelboy

Hello ColecoVisionites!

Welcome to another (again, quite overdue) Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. I have a few things to report on this glorious Labour Day, but it's really just a short-and-sweet update concerning ongoing projects. :)

BUDGET SERIES

I'm currently waiting to receive the boxes of Deep Dungeon Adventure and Frostbite. They should arrive at my doorstep any day now, and after these boxes will have been received, the remaining boxes to print will be those for Kaboom!, Remember The Flag and Yars' Revenge. I estimate that I will receive the last lot of boxes in early-to-mid November, and I will begin to ship all boxes to all customers at that time.

Of course, some customers are only waiting for the boxes of Deep Dungeon Adventure and/or Frostbite, in addition to other budget boxes I have already received, and those customers will see their lot of boxes shipped within the next few weeks. There's no need to make these people wait any longer than they have to. :)

About Yars' Revenge, I have had no real update from the programmer of the game since last May. I've been told he's working on a big project for CollectorVision (which mostly explains why he put Yars' Revenge aside) but I know very little beyond this. According to the last update I got, the software of Yars' Revenge is mostly finished, except for a few final tweaks. I'm still hoping Yars' Revenge will be finished by the time the budget boxes have all been printed and shipped to me.

HERE COME THE CHIP-TUNES!

About a week ago, I shared the information above via e-mail with everyone who purchased budget games, and I also used the opportunity to pass along a message from nanochess' brother, Adán, about his original sound track CDs of Mecha 8/9 and Sydney Hunter, to get funds to finance his trip to Barcelona to attend RUMSX in December 2018.

Since then, Adán has been contacted by several people, and he started a thread on AtariAge which you can find here.

Here's hoping you'll get the funds you need to attend RUMSX, Adán. :)

OTHER UPCOMING TITLES

As you can see in the picture attached below, this past week I received the boxes for my upcoming releases. All the games of that lineup have passed the beta-testing phase except for Space Shuttle, and the manuals and cart labels of several of those games have already been printed, and I'll go pick those up at my local print shop near the end of this month.

I took some time to update the project status sections of all those games on teampixelboy.com, by the way, so go take a gander if you want more info.

However, while progress has been pretty good lately, I'm not sure I'll be able to release these games before Christmas. I still have to beta-test Space Shuttle and prepare the manual(s) of that game, and I also need to work on the manuals of Children of the Night and Ghostbusters. All those activities promise to be rather time-consuming, and add to this agenda such mundane jobs as gluing boxes, assembling cartridges, and the several necessary trips to the post office to ship budget game boxes, and I've got myself a pretty busy autumn.

Also, I recently bought myself a Nintendo 2DS, because Metroid - Samus Returns, and I also want to see a few movies and have something that vaguely resembles a social life. So really, my plate will be full between now and Christmas, and I can't guarantee that all copies of Ghostbusters, Space Shuttle, Secret of the Moai, C-So!, King & Balloon, Children of the Night, Wizard of Wor, Zombie Incident and Flicky will be ready to ship before the end of the year. But I'll do my best, and if I do go beyond the Christmas deadline, I'll work hard in January 2018 so that the extra wait won't be too long. :)

AND THE 2018 LINEUP?

Antoni Burguera has done some nice progress on Multiverse, but I haven't seen the game yet. Uridium and QBIQS are mostly done, and The Cure entered the beta-testing phase a few weeks ago. Beta-testing Arcomage is proving to be quite a problem, and I still don't know if Mystery Man will be able to port Gauntlet to the ColecoVision (but he will give it his best shot, of course). There's been no progress done on Utopia lately, but I did get the controller overlays printed for that game, so at least that much is done.

There's not much else to report, aside from the fact that among the tentative titles (1942, Bomber King and DragonSlayer IV) the most desired game is 1942 (according to the survey I ran recently) so if Mystery Man decides to do at least one of those three games, it will probably be 1942. :)

This concludes this Team Pixelboy News Bulletin. We now return you to your regular forum activities. ;)

post-7743-0-03725900-1504536403_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Thanks for the updates. Is Children of the Night complete and tested ?

Yep. The only thing is that I've never played Children of the Night for any real length of time (I was always too busy for that, and I left the play-testing to the beta-testers anyway) so in order to write the manual, I'll have to actually play it! :P

Same goes for Ghostbusters, by the way. I understand how the opening menus work in that game, but I've never gone far enough into the game to see the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man or anything like that. So I'll have to clock some play time with the game in order to properly prepare the manual.

Like I said, I'll be busy this fall... :ponder:

I'm not complaining, but I thought you said a while back that you were going to quit making games? Are you going to keep making games for the foreseeable future?

That's quite a valid question. :)

My official answer is this: My goal is to release all the games listed in the "Ongoing Projects" section of teampixelboy.com, and I'm keeping the door open for 1942, Bomber King and DragonSlayer IV. After all those games will have been released, I will retire as a ColecoVision publisher.

• Like 1

I was wondering how I could order some of the upcoming titles like Flicky - King & Balloon - Frostbite, or C-So. Would like Flicky and maybe one or two of other titles.. I've never seen anywhere to order these or any Team Pixelboy game. I also wish you would do another run of Rally X. Its still being advertised on U - Tube. Sincerely Clay B. Hammock.

I see you just got a 2ds, so do I. It's a fun little player and I had to get the special edition of see through blue. Yoshi Yarn is real fun and easy.

Pic - Man looks fun too. But I finally had to see how it was in 3d and got the Galaxy edition of 3dxl. I was not disappointed . Yoshi Yarn is even better. Had fun taking 3d pictures as well. Got to go, on the Retro side ( Name I Use to use ). Clay ...

I was wondering how I could order some of the upcoming titles like Flicky - King & Balloon - Frostbite, or C-So. Would like Flicky and maybe one or two of other titles.. I've never seen anywhere to order these or any Team Pixelboy game. I also wish you would do another run of Rally X. Its still being advertised on U - Tube. Sincerely Clay B. Hammock.

All copies of Frostbite are spoken for, it was a limited release. Perhaps you'll find a copy on eBay one of these days.

As for the other titles (past and upcoming) just send me an e-mail at pixelboy at teampixelboy dot com, and place your pre-order. :)

I see you just got a 2ds, so do I. It's a fun little player and I had to get the special edition of see through blue. Yoshi Yarn is real fun and easy.

Pic - Man looks fun too. But I finally had to see how it was in 3d and got the Galaxy edition of 3dxl. I was not disappointed . Yoshi Yarn is even better. Had fun taking 3d pictures as well. Got to go, on the Retro side ( Name I Use to use ). Clay ...

I like the ergonomics and ease of use of the 2DS, but it bothers me that I can't play Super-NES games on it (via the Virtual Console) since they can only be played on the New 3DS/2DS. I already have a jailbroken Analog NT Mini so I can play all the NES/GB/GBC/etc. games whenever I want on my home TV. But then again, it may be for the best, as I'll spend my money on a select number of interesting eShop titles, perhaps track down a few fun DS titles like "Zelda - Phantom Hourglass" (which are relatively cheap right now) and that will be it.

That's quite a valid question. :)

My official answer is this: My goal is to release all the games listed in the "Ongoing Projects" section of teampixelboy.com, and I'm keeping the door open for 1942, Bomber King and DragonSlayer IV. After all those games will have been released, I will retire as a ColecoVision publisher.

"I will retire as a ColecoVision publisher."

Damn, this was not good news but understandable. There is a time and place for everything.

Edited by viaton
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings you all, after doing some more research I was looking around at exactly what Dragon Slayer was that he mentioned on his update.

I voted for Dragon Slayer as I was curious about having another action RPG on the but I did not realize that Dragon Slayer is an entire series of legendary "action" RPG games that have really set the standard on RP Games lik Zelda, Y's and many others.

I think it would be really great if we can have an RPG series of games on the Colecovision or one of these "vision" consoles. The games are mostly action games with little Japanese and many times have been translated completely from the translation community.

I grabbed a nice chart someone did of the series and thought I would share it.

https://aaltomies.files.wordpress.com/2014/07/dragon-slayer-guide1.jpg

It would be great to have the first four games in the series available on the Colecovision console if it is possible.

I know Pixelboy was considering porting the 4th game in the series but it appears to have lost out to 1942.

In any case I was just rambling a bit..

• 2 weeks later...

So many games to look forward to.

I have one extra copy each of Heroes Arena, JETPAC, Shouganai, & Traffic Jam.

I'm hoping to trade these for Frostbite, Kaboom, Remember The Flag, & Yars Revenge if anyone is interested or has duplicates.

I'm also looking for Princess Quest, Star Force, & Wonder Boy if anyone has any extras.

• 2 weeks later...

C'mon, didn't you already say you were tapping out of Coleco stuff once then pulled a Michael Corleone & got pulled back in? :-D

Yeah, I guess you can see it that way. :)

I'm planning another Team Pixelboy News Bulletin for Halloween, by the way, just to provide the latest news on everything.

• Like 2