IGNORED

Atari 2600 not syncing with LCD Tv

bangles66

I have a couple of Atari 2600's, colecovisions etc I plan to sell on ebay, but wanted to test them before listing.

I hooked them up using one of the rca to coaxial connectors. When I turn on the game system, it flickers. Could it be something wrong with the Atari or is there some sort of sync problem with Atari and older game systems and newer tv's.

What kind of TV is it? I've had some crazy issues when trying to play on a "Smart TV", you know, the ones that have the internet apps and crap. Also, a better description might help diagnose if there's a problem with the console or not. Was this an issue with all the consoles or just the Atari? Some new Tvs do have some issues with certain games, so knowing what game you were using might help.

Okay..I'm going to make a suggestion on this if you haven't done this already:

Plug in the Atari and a game and turn the console on and leave it on.

Now..in your TV settings..go to the section for channel scanning

Choose the auto scan option for Cable or Air...not digital

Let you TV start scanning for stations.

It should see the Atari as a broadcasting station on channel 2 or 3 depending on which way your channel select switch is set to, and lock in on it or Tune into it I should say. You won't know for sure until it is done scanning all channels first. But that is the basic jist of it and is how I get all my modern TVs to work on my RF systems. Except my Sony Bravia I use in the game room...for some reason even with scanning, it still will cause RF sources to "bounce" up and down slightly on the screen randomly. Like the H-sync isn't quite there or something.

Still...I had a Samsung in my game room that worked fine on all of my RF sources (Still looked like crap of course...but worked). But I had to make sure I went through this process first. Sometimes I would have to do this between systems as not all classic consoles were creatd equal in their RF output.