2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo, October 20-22, 2017

10 replies to this topic

#1 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• 33,923 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 7:28 AM

prge_logo_2016.png

Join AtariAge at the 2017 Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE), taking place Friday, October 20th through Sunday, October 22rd at the Oregon Convention Center. The show opens at 3pm on Friday so you can enjoy the huge Retrocade an extra day! The Portland Retro Gaming Expo (PRGE) is one of the largest classic gaming events in the country, bursting at the seams with video games and game-related activities all weekend long! Here's an incomplete list of what you'll find at the show:AtariAge will have a large booth at the show, where you'll be able to play new and upcoming homebrew games, as well as our large back catalog of games we've published over the years. We'll also have several new games available to purchase for the first time in Portland--watch for those announcements coming soon! 

As 2017 is the 40th anniversary of the Atari 2600, the PRGE organizers have announced a great lineup of panelscelebrating the Atari 2600's rich history. One of these panels is titled, "Old Consoles Never Die", discussing the creation of new games for the Atari 2600 and other classic systems. The panel will be moderated by "Art of the Atari" author Tim Lapetino, who will be joined by homebrew authors Darrell Spice, Jr. (Medieval Mayhem, Space Rocks, and Stay Frosty 2) and John W. Champeau of Champ Games (Lady Bug, Conquest of Mars, Scramble), Atari alumni Howard Scott Warshaw (Yars' Revenge, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T. the Extra Terrestrial), and Albert Yarusso, owner of AtariAge.

Please visit the official Portland Retro Gaming Expo website to learn more about the show. We've also created a Portland Retro Gaming Expo Forum to discuss the event. If you're attending the show, please stop by our booth, say hello, and play some new games!

#2 sramirez2008 OFFLINE  

sramirez2008

Stargunner

• 1,726 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:34 AM

Will there be any AA badges?

#3 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 33,923 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:35 AM

Will there be any AA badges?

I'm not sure yet.  I may not have time to do them.

..Al

#4 Gibstov OFFLINE  

Gibstov

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:39 AM

Cool deal.  This will be my first year attending the Portland Retro Gaming Expo.  Looking forward to it, see you all there.

#5 Punisher5.0 OFFLINE  

Punisher5.0

River Patroller

• 3,271 posts

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:44 PM

I can't go but I wish I was. Id love to watch the Tetris tournament. Looks like I'll be watching it on YouTube again.

#6 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,284 posts

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:34 PM

I'll be there!

#7 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 792 posts

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:19 PM

Will be there Fri-Sun!

#8 Special Teams OFFLINE  

Special Teams

Dragonstomper

• 792 posts

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 AM

Let me know if you need any help setting up the AA booth Friday.

#9 Albert OFFLINE  

Albert

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 33,923 posts

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:32 AM

Let me know if you need any help setting up the AA booth Friday.

Will do, thanks!

..Al

#10 RetroChiGuy1212 OFFLINE  

RetroChiGuy1212

Combat Commando

• 5 posts
  • Amateur Collector and Gamer

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:27 AM

I went last year for the first time.  It was such a great experience.  I'm sad that I won't be able to make it this year.  My wife and I are expecting our first child around Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping that the three of us will be able to make it next year.

#11 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,295 posts

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:49 PM

Air Raid may be at PRGE!

IMG_0800.JPG

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users