Photo

Looking to jump in but a few ?'s

9 replies to this topic

#1 marc.teeters OFFLINE  

marc.teeters

Space Invader

• 32 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 8:59 PM

I was at a lgs about 45 minutes from me and he had a broken intellivision and an untested 2600 with no power supply for $25. He said the intellivision refused to power on and had been returned so he left it on the shelf for a few years. I'm fairly certain it will be there in a few weeks when I'm driving back through there. Is this a decent price and how much can it cost to repair a broken unit?

Sent from my LG-M153 using Tapatalk

#2 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 32,222 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:08 PM

Please stop using Tapatalk to start topics.  Thanks.

#3 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• 15,296 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:46 PM

Please stop using Tapatalk to start topics.  Thanks.

Lol

#4 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Sheriff

• 32,222 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 9:54 PM

Not sure why that is funny, it is a pain in the ass to delete a bunch of duplicate threads all day, especially when some joker decides to reply to one that hasn't had a reply yet, then you have to start merging posts or someone else will have their panties in a bunch.

#5 cvga OFFLINE  

cvga

River Patroller

• 4,264 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 10:55 PM

I was at a lgs about 45 minutes from me and he had a broken intellivision and an untested 2600 with no power supply for $25. He said the intellivision refused to power on and had been returned so he left it on the shelf for a few years. I'm fairly certain it will be there in a few weeks when I'm driving back through there. Is this a decent price and how much can it cost to repair a broken unit?

I don't know if $25 is a good deal or not for a broker intellivision but I see working ones fairly often in the $40 range. To me, it would be worth a little extra money to be sure that I was getting one that worked (unless you're good and enjoy repairing electronics). I think the Intellivision is an excellent system to collect for. There are plenty of good games that can be purchased at a low price, a few games that get a little pricey but are at least obtainable, and has a healthy homebrew scene.

BTW - what's an lgs?

#6 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Quadrunner

• 11,257 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 10:58 PM

I don't know if $25 is a good deal or not for a broker intellivision but I see working ones fairly often in the $40 range. To me, it would be worth a little extra money to be sure that I was getting one that worked (unless you're good and enjoy repairing electronics). I think the Intellivision is an excellent system to collect for. There are plenty of good games that can be purchased at a low price, a few games that get a little pricey but are at least obtainable, and has a healthy homebrew scene.

BTW - what's an lgs?

This. Unless the system is perfect looking I'd pass on it.

#7 Shawn OFFLINE  

Shawn

Nodus Tollens

• 16,649 posts

Posted Fri Sep 8, 2017 11:22 PM

BTW - what's an lgs?

I'm gonna guess it means "Local Gaming Store" but I could be dead wrong as I've not heard or used that abbreviation before.

#8 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

Stargunner

• 1,920 posts

Posted Sat Sep 9, 2017 12:19 AM

The Intellivision power supply is repairable but you're taking a chance that it's the only thing wrong. You can find the service manual and other information here.

https://console5.com...i/Intellivision

As others have said, unless you're prepared to repair it yourself you should look for a working one.

Edited by mr_me, Sat Sep 9, 2017 12:52 AM.

#9 marc.teeters OFFLINE  

marc.teeters

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sat Sep 9, 2017 4:16 AM

Yes , local game store, honestly not sure where i picked that up. I had not seen one in my town but I know I can pick one up in Columbus which is about 2 hours from me and I'm thinking the shop up there wanted 50 or 60 dollars for tested ones. Maybe if they set another couple years I can pick them both up for 15 or 20. I just wanted the 2600 to mod since I already have a 7800 and a je.

#10 marc.teeters OFFLINE  

marc.teeters

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 32 posts

Posted Sat Sep 9, 2017 4:17 AM

Yes , local game store, honestly not sure where i picked that up. I had not seen one in my town but I know I can pick one up in Columbus which is about 2 hours from me and I'm thinking the shop up there wanted 50 or 60 dollars for tested ones. Maybe if they set another couple years I can pick them both up for 15 or 20. I just wanted the 2600 to mod since I already have a 7800 and a je.

Je= 2600 jr sorry.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users