Photo

FS: Huge lot of 2600 games and instruction manuals.

2600 games sale sell manuals instructions lot

27 replies to this topic

#1 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:12 AM

I update this thread each time I receive a payment. Games or manuals are $1 each + shipping. Some people are asking about the same items as other people, so from here on out, I'm not holding items. The items are yours when you pay for them, until then, they are still for sale. If I have something you want, get it before it's gone! :)

RealSports Volleyball

Outer Space

Crystal Castles

Maze

Warlords

Combat X1

E.T. The Extra Terrestrial X1

Haunted House X2

Berserk X1

Asteroids X1

Yars' Revenge X1

Defender X1

Pac Man X1

Ms. Pac-Man X1

Video Pinball

Coleco Mouse Trap

Kangaroo

Video Chess

Space Invaders 

Swordquest Earthworld

Swordquest Fireworld

Home Run

Space Jockey

Vanguard

Demons To Diamonds

Star Raiders

Super Breakout

Missile Command

Dodge 'Em

Football

Golf

Night Driver

Starmaster

Pitfall

Gorf

Fishing Derby

Dragster

Epyx Winter Games

Armor Ambush

Riddle of the Sphinx

Demon Attack

Cosmic Ark

Q-bert

Amidar

I've cleaned the contacts on all the games and they are all working.

Labels are in fair to good condition, with the exception of Pitfall, which is missing both labels and these, which are missing top labels only-

Joust

Combat

Berserk

Ms. Pac-Man

Space  Invaders

Vanguard

Star Raiders

All the manuals are in decent to good condition. The instruction manuals I'm including in this lot are-

Super Football

E.T.

Seaquest

Pitfall

Kangaroo

Space Jockey

Pac-Man

Skiing

Asteroids

Super Breakout

Demon Attack

Defender

Warlords

Ice Hockey

Starmaster

Ms. Pac-man

Berserk

Yars' Revenge

Missile Command

Towering Inferno

Robot Tank

Lock 'N' Chase

Freeway

Venture

Air-Sea Battle

Jungle Hunt

RealSports Football

Word Zapper

Chopper Command

Galaxian

Dolphin 

Super Challenge Baseball

I also have the comic books for-

Atari Force #1 

Yars' Revenge

Just make me a list of what you want and I'll figure up the shipping cost based on your zipcode and let you know the total. Also, I'll only be able to ship to buyers in North America, due to the shipping cost.

Games and Manuals.JPG

Edited by RamrodHare, Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:55 AM.

#2 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:34 PM

I don't need many of those games, unfortunately, but I'd sure enjoy that paperwork.....

#3 stupus OFFLINE  

stupus

Stargunner

• 1,513 posts
  • pixel obcessed yeti

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:32 PM

Ugh kidney stones....you have my deepest sympathy :(
Drink lots of Braggs apple cider vinegar mixed with water....helps alot!
And a heating pad!

#4 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,613 posts

Posted Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:23 AM

I'd be interested in the supercharger manuals. Send me a pm if you decide to sell separately.

#5 willis OFFLINE  

willis

Moonsweeper

• 312 posts

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:55 PM

Pm sent

#6 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:40 PM

I've edited the original post and I'm now willing to sell single items or small lots. PM me with what you are interested in and your zip code. I'll get back to you with a price ASAP.

Removed more sold items. List is now current. I'm trying not to lose money on shipping, so there's not much wiggle room on the shipping price, but feel free to make offers on the items. These are all just games and manuals I don't need, so I'm very flexible on the price. :-D

Edited by RamrodHare, Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:53 PM.

#7 cvga OFFLINE  

cvga

River Patroller

• 4,299 posts

Posted Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:12 PM

If you're considering buying, I had a great transaction. Super nice guy, great communication, and everything shipped as promised.

#8 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:00 PM

Thanks CVGA! :)

Also, BUMP. I updated the list of items and added some info about how USPS is charging ridiculous prices on shipping. :mad:

#9 FujiSkunk OFFLINE  

FujiSkunk

Quadrunner

• 7,445 posts
  • Behold the Fuji!

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:25 AM

FYI, if you have your own boxes or envelopes, you can ship lighter stuff by First Class.  A couple of manuals or even a single cartridge should weigh less than 13 or 16 ounces (13 is the cut-off regular rates, 16 is the cut-off for discounted rates like those offered by eBay or PayPal).  That'll usually knock the shipping cost down to between three and four dollars.

Priority Mail boxes have to be shipped Priority Mail, so that's your only option if you're using the free boxes.  Nothing against using the free boxes, just be aware of the restrictions since the Post Office really doesn't like it when people try to cheat with the freebies.

#10 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 18,664 posts

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 11:00 AM

Some people are asking about the same items as other people, so from here on out, I'm not holding items. The items are yours when you pay for them, until then, they are still for sale. If I have something you want, get it before it's gone! :)

That's a reasonable way of doing business. After all this isn't a library taking holds on items.

#11 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 11:17 AM

FYI, if you have your own boxes or envelopes, you can ship lighter stuff by First Class.  A couple of manuals or even a single cartridge should weigh less than 13 or 16 ounces (13 is the cut-off regular rates, 16 is the cut-off for discounted rates like those offered by eBay or PayPal).

Priority Mail boxes have to be shipped Priority Mail, so that's your only option if you're using the free boxes.  Nothing against using the free boxes, just be aware of the restrictions since the Post Office really doesn't like it when people try to cheat with the freebies.

I use my own boxes. I've asked about cheaper ways to ship and I'm always told the same thing, Priority mail is the cheapest method availible. Priority also has insurance and tracking. Both of those cost extra if you ship any other way, running the price of First class up higher than priority.. I don't have a printer or scales and I don't sell enough stuff to justify buying them, so I have no way of getting the discounted rates that are offered online. I'm just hoping to get these games and manuals all sent to good homes so I can stop dealing with USPS for a while. :P

#12 FujiSkunk OFFLINE  

FujiSkunk

Quadrunner

• 7,445 posts
  • Behold the Fuji!

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 1:23 PM

I understand not being able to use the online services, and yeah, I wouldn't try to persuade you to buy a printer or scale if you don't plan on using them that much.  However, even without online discounts and the like, Priority Mail isn't always the cheapest way to go.  Frequently, but not always.  For manuals and loose cartridges that can be mailed in boxes 13 ounces of less, First Class will likely be the cheaper method.  Tracking is actually free across all USPS shipping methods now, including First Class.  Personally I wouldn't bother insuring something you're only selling for a few bucks anyway, but if you decide to insure a First Class package, $2.10 will get you insurance up to $50.  That will put a lot of FIrst Class packages in the neighborhood of $6, which is still cheaper than shipping that same box via Priority Mail ($6.65 to $7.75, depending on distance).  Admittedly sometimes the difference between Priority Mail and insured First Class is pennies, but other times it can save you over a buck.

This won't really matter for manuals and cartridges, but larger packages, around five pounds and heavier, can usually be shipped cheaper by Parcel Select or Retail Ground.  The post office can't seem to make up its mind what to call it's non-Priority service).  Whether Parcel Select is cheaper will depend on the weight, size and where you're shipping to, and again will only really matter for heavier boxes.  In any case, though, it's still a good idea to check all the possibilities, and the self-service kiosks at the post office will help you do that.  The only shipping service you can't buy at a kiosk is Media Mail, and the Post Office has been adamant about disallowing Media Mail for video games and game-related stuff anyway.

#13 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:02 PM

I understand not being able to use the online services... The only shipping service you can't buy at a kiosk...

Trust me, I always ask what the cheapest method is and the answer for anything in a box, no matter the size or weight, has been Priority. Being totally honest, I think the post office closest to me (Afton) has been ripping people off for years. Now it's only open on certain days of the week and even then, it's only open until noon. The next closest is Chuckey, which is where I go now. I don't think they are any better. There have been a few times I've mailed something from Chuckey, after checking the cost at Afton and found it was cheaper than what I was quoted. Afton also charges for tracking or insurance on anything other than Priority, that's still how they were doing it last week when my Father stopped there to ship a package for me.. I just found out today (at the Chuckey Post Office) that first class has free tracking. Today I mailed out some manuals in a bubble envelope and it was cheaper than what small boxes had been costing, so I can adjust what I charge for just manuals now. As far as kiosks, there's no such thing at either post office. The last time I was in the main post office on the other end of Greeneville, they didn't have a kiosk either. Since I'm on the upper end of town, that post office is too far for me to drive to ship something I only charged $10 for, since it would take most of that to put gas in my vehicle to get there. :P

#14 FujiSkunk OFFLINE  

FujiSkunk

Quadrunner

• 7,445 posts
  • Behold the Fuji!

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:23 PM

Trust me, I always ask what the cheapest method is and the answer for anything in a box, no matter the size or weight, has been Priority. Being totally honest, I think the post office closest to me (Afton) has been ripping people off for years.

Do they have a self-service kiosk?  If so, use the self-service kiosk, even if the post office itself is open.  Not only is the line often shorter, you'll get a straight answer on what's the cheapest way to ship for every package.

• RJ likes this

#15 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 8:37 PM

Do they have a self-service kiosk?  If so, use the self-service kiosk, even if the post office itself is open.  Not only is the line often shorter, you'll get a straight answer on what's the cheapest way to ship for every package.

Nope, That's what I mentioned in the last post. There's no kiosk. These are really small Post offices out in the country. There's only one employee and no kind of automated self service stuff at all. I didn't even realize there were self service things at ANY Post office. I've lived here all my life and I don't travel, so the three Post offices within driving distance of my house are the only ones I've ever been inside. The main Post office in Greeneville is the biggest one and it only has 3 employees at most. That's one at the front counter and the two in back sorting the mail. Greeneville is the town tourists drive AROUND on their way to "literally" anywhere else. :grin:

#16 FujiSkunk OFFLINE  

FujiSkunk

Quadrunner

• 7,445 posts
  • Behold the Fuji!

Posted Tue Oct 3, 2017 10:31 PM

Nope, That's what I mentioned in the last post. There's no kiosk.

Ah, I missed that bit.  Sorry about that.  Obviously I take for granted the conveniences that come with living in the shadow of a big city like Houston, even as I'm also griping about that shadow.

You may still have some options, depending on how much time and effort you want to devote to making sure you're paying the cheapest way possible.  If you're fairly confident a box weighs well under a pound -- and a box with a single cartridge almost certainly will, for example -- you can try asking for First Class at the counter.  The worst they can tell you is that it weighs too much and you'll have to go Priority instead.  If you'd rather not ask and you have access to a library, you might just have access to a public-use scale, and maybe even a computer and printer as well.  Using the printer may not be worth it depending on how much the library would charge per print-out, but at the very least the scale would let you look up rates and then be more confident about what shipping service to ask for.

Whatever you decide, I would recommend at least doing some research on the Post Office's website.  There are several services that seem like they're the same thing but aren't, and so it's easy for devious post office employees to trip people up if they wanted to.  For example, tracking is free, but Signature Confirmation costs extra.  The difference is you get a signature from the recipient when a package is delivered.  Sometimes that's good to have, but other times it's probably not worth the nearly three bucks they charge at the counter.

#17 Atari Dogs OFFLINE  

Atari Dogs

Stargunner

• 1,613 posts

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 6:45 PM

I received my package yesterday. It was well packed and in great shape. Highly recommended.

#18 atari181 OFFLINE  

atari181

River Patroller

• 3,114 posts

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 6:49 PM

First class mail is the best bargain in shipping. In looking at the titles titles you are selling, I wouldn't worry too much about insurance.

#19 Swami ONLINE  

Swami

Dragonstomper

• 835 posts

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 10:18 PM

PM sent. Where have I been?

#20 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Fri Oct 6, 2017 10:36 PM

PM sent. Where have I been?

PM replied! :)

List has been updated, so everything is current.

#21 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:04 AM

List has been updated and I'm now looking to trade! :-D

#22 RamrodHare OFFLINE  

RamrodHare

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 424 posts
  • Lost in Time.

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:56 AM

List has been updated. :-D

#23 RJ OFFLINE  

RJ

River Patroller

• 4,380 posts

Posted Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:48 AM

How's your Dragster label look?

#24 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,365 posts

Posted Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:09 PM

I might suggest you alphabetize your lists.  Makes it much easier to read through multiple lists like the ones in your first post.  If you have Excel, copying and pasting a list and then "sorting" it is very easy.

#25 MeatWithGravy OFFLINE  

MeatWithGravy

Space Invader

• 27 posts

Posted Sun Nov 5, 2017 7:12 PM

PM sent! :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2600, games, sale, sell, manuals, instructions, lot

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users