IGNORED

Intellivision High Score Club 9# ?

scalpel

Hi guys,

Do you know when begins the HSC 9# ?

It could be great to organize something different (we could imagines some gifts for the winners ? We could imagine a small participation ($5 or $10) to buy some Intellivision stuffs to win for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd ?)). May be more people could participate ? :)

What do you think ?

Is there a organizer?

I am against prizes, because we use different consoles and that changes the difficulty of many games a lot, not to mention the problem to spot cheats in some games. Its not compelling to cheat in a fun-challenge, but we had cheaters in other challenges like the Christmas-Challenge.

What I would like: Clear rules and a fair score-system. The last one wasnt fair, because it had not rewarded good results. The winner got 10 points, 2nd place got 9 points, even if the winner had twice as much points in the game. This led to pretty questionable situations when I won nearly all rounds and got catched because I sucked at one single game. The performance in so many games was useless because of one single round. It seems not fair for me and especially since its about fun, this spoiled the fun for me, because I am a very competitive player. I completely understand that many can't understand my point of view.

Here my suggestions:

- Before we start we determine a number of rounds and we play exactly that many rounds

- no multiple points games

- old formula 1 point system (10 for 1st, 6 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd, 3 for 4th, 2 for 5th and 1 for every participant behind that)

- fair rules for every game (because not every game is qualified to be a highscore-game, like Tropical Trouble, where its a more impressive performance to go as far as you can with a low score)

I'll try to participate more this round. My Intellivision has been temporarily in storage while I play Atari 2600, however I think it's about time to play some more Intellivision... Especially with all these new homebrews coming out :D

Yes, it's time to play Intellivision (actually, I play "Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe", it's excellent !).

Is there a organizer?

I am against prizes, because we use different consoles and that changes the difficulty of many games a lot, not to mention the problem to spot cheats in some games. Its not compelling to cheat in a fun-challenge, but we had cheaters in other challenges like the Christmas-Challenge.

What I would like: Clear rules and a fair score-system. The last one wasnt fair, because it had not rewarded good results. The winner got 10 points, 2nd place got 9 points, even if the winner had twice as much points in the game. This led to pretty questionable situations when I won nearly all rounds and got catched because I sucked at one single game. The performance in so many games was useless because of one single round. It seems not fair for me and especially since its about fun, this spoiled the fun for me, because I am a very competitive player. I completely understand that many can't understand my point of view.

Here my suggestions:

- Before we start we determine a number of rounds and we play exactly that many rounds

- no multiple points games

- old formula 1 point system (10 for 1st, 6 for 2nd, 4 for 3rd, 3 for 4th, 2 for 5th and 1 for every participant behind that)

- fair rules for every game (because not every game is qualified to be a highscore-game, like Tropical Trouble, where its a more impressive performance to go as far as you can with a low score)

I agree with all your suggestions and especially the old Formula One point system.

I think it could be fair to everybody to play with only the original system.

But I think it could be great to have some prizes, may be more Intellivision fan could play. We could to offer some homebrews or other stuffs (bought with the $ participations)

Really, they were some cheaters on the Christmas Challenges ????? :mad:

I doubt that many player will participate when it costs a certain amount. Lets be honest: In the past there were just a couple of players who fought for the victory and many who just played the game for fun without any chance to get near the scores of the top-players. It sounds terrible arrogant, I know, but its really not ment in that way :P

And the problem is: The difference is on the original system as well. Just play Zaxxon for Example on a US Intellivision and than try it out on a PAL version. Its completely different, because its slower (60 vs. 50 Hz I guess).

I dont know if I mess it up, but I remember that a player got disqualified from a prize rewarded challenge. I can't remeber the exact reasons, guess he used different accounts or something like that.

And I don't say everyone is cheating, but I say that: If we transform the HSC to a challenge with real prizes, we need to make sure that no one cheats and I doubt that this is possible.

Edited by Ignorama

Nobody answered to my first question :grin:

When the 9th will begin ? :)

My related question is probably the key: Is there anyone who would start it? That is the most important question, because I am pretty sure it starts when someone starts it.

Its so Monty Pything, you have the answer, but the wrong question :D

• Like 1

My related question is probably the key: Is there anyone who would start it? That is the most important question, because I am pretty sure it starts when someone starts it.

Its so Monty Pything, you have the answer, but the wrong question :D

Lol ,

That's so true ,

My vote is for you to moderate ????

Its completely wrong. I mentioned Monty Python (completely messed it up) and ment Douglas Adams :( Shame on me.

I don't know if I am suitable, because I can't guarantee that I have time and in fact that is the most important thing. Nothing ruins a challenge like dead threads and waiting times. I could try it, but that would mean a short round (maximum 10 rounds) and also more strict rules than in the past. For example no entry without a screen shot (no exceptions, even of the score is completely unamazing) and also nothing like "choose your own difficulty".

I would prefer someone else to do that job, but if no one does I would ask Albert (because I need the rights to edit threads as long as the contest goes). Another point is my language, because I understand you guys pretty well, but I am also aware that I often have problems to say what I want to say :lol: Its maybe pretty difficult if I need to explain certain rules.

Lets wait some days if someone else has the passion to do that. If not I would try my best if you want me to do that and if Albert allows it.

• Like 1

Its completely wrong. I mentioned Monty Python (completely messed it up) and ment Douglas Adams :( Shame on me.

I don't know if I am suitable, because I can't guarantee that I have time and in fact that is the most important thing. Nothing ruins a challenge like dead threads and waiting times. I could try it, but that would mean a short round (maximum 10 rounds) and also more strict rules than in the past. For example no entry without a screen shot (no exceptions, even of the score is completely unamazing) and also nothing like "choose your own difficulty".

I would prefer someone else to do that job, but if no one does I would ask Albert (because I need the rights to edit threads as long as the contest goes). Another point is my language, because I understand you guys pretty well, but I am also aware that I often have problems to say what I want to say :lol: Its maybe pretty difficult if I need to explain certain rules.

Lets wait some days if someone else has the passion to do that. If not I would try my best if you want me to do that and if Albert allows it.

Lol

I guess we wait and see if anyone else volunteers but I think you would do great. With language and running the HSC.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I guess "some days" passed by. I will ask Albert if I will be allowed to start a contest. But if he allows it I will ask you guys (hopefully not just two...) some things before we start. I want to hear how you want the Contest to be and we need to discuss some points, like the game-selection.

But still: If someone else would do it I wouldnt be sad. On the contrary I still believe someone else would fit better in this position.

• Like 1