Photo

Atari 5200 Pink CIB for Trade or Sale

22 replies to this topic

#1 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• 85 posts

Posted Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:41 PM

Looking to trade this beauty for a rare Atari 2600 cart or something else 2600/7800 related.

This Atari 5200 appears to be un-used. The pink cover is nearly perfect and I can't see any bubbling.

I carefully tested the system and was shocked that both of the joysticks worked.

The games are well used and have all been tested (having an issue with Star Wars and Kangaroo, but am confident I can get Star Wars to play)

Not pictured, but I'll include 2 additional 5200 joysticks that, shockingly, don't work. One however, has the pink cover on it and can be used to create a "new controller". I also have a Trak-Ball that kinda works, but needs some fine tuning.

I would sell this, but would prefer a trade.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3496.JPG
  • IMG_3498.JPG
  • IMG_3497.JPG
  • IMG_3499.JPG
  • IMG_3500.JPG
  • IMG_3590.JPG
  • IMG_3390.JPG

#2 AtariBrian OFFLINE  

AtariBrian

River Patroller

• 3,268 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 PM

I am confused why you were looking to buy a 5200 with games and found them and now are selling it all for 800 dollars ?

#3 hizzy OFFLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 805 posts

Posted Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:56 PM

Is there a price? Is this the same one ebay for 500 dollars? Thanks :)

#4 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:33 AM

I am confused why you were looking to buy a 5200 with games and found them and now are selling it all for 800 dollars ?

1. You're the biggest hater on this board. Every time I post, you have something negative to say.
2. I bought the games to test my system and play it. After fulfilling that "dream" of owning a mint 5200 and playing it, something I didn't get as a child who was 9 in 1982, I realized I was kinda over it. So, yes, I'm selling it to someone who can appreciate it.

Is that ok with you?????

Back off hater and go argue with someone else

You've done this like 3-4 time when I post. You're always crying about something.

#5 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:37 AM

I also have an ad on this site because I'd prefer to trade the 5200 for 2600 items.

Am I allowed to do this HaterBrian? Do I have your permission to trade it, or do I have to keep everything? I have a closet that's overflowing with Atari stuff, but I should just keep it all according to you.

#6 Oldschool80skid OFFLINE  

Oldschool80skid

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:52 AM

How much for the red controller knobs?

#7 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 PM

How much for the red controller knobs?

Would rather trade/sell as one Lot. I'd never seen them before but I'm more of 2600 guy.

#8 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:28 PM

Is there a price? Is this the same one ebay for 500 dollars? Thanks :)

I'm taking offers and would prefer to trade this for a rare 2600 game. It's on eBay, but isn't the one for $500. I put a "ridiculous price" on eBay because I'm really not looking to sell it there because they charges ridiculous fees.

#9 hizzy OFFLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 805 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:34 PM

I'm taking offers and would prefer to trade this for a rare 2600 game. It's on eBay, but isn't the one for $500. I put a "ridiculous price" on eBay because I'm really not looking to sell it there because they charges ridiculous fees.

Please send me a link. I'm looking for a nice 5200. :)

#10 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:44 PM

Please send me a link. I'm looking for a nice 5200. :)

https://m.ebay.com/i...7779a%7Ciid%3A1

Or you can search "Atari 5200 pink" and it's the only one that comes up.

I set an unrealistically high price because I'm hesitant to sell on eBay due to fees and I'm actually looking to trade this.

Do you have any rare 2600 carts?

#11 hizzy OFFLINE  

hizzy

Dragonstomper

• 805 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 PM

Ah! I couldn't find it because it was missing "Console" in the description. It's out of my league price wise, but it's a beautiful console. I've never seen the red knobby things before, and 30 games!

I'm afraid Boulderdash is as rare as I get, I want to keep it  :)

Thanks & good luck!

#12 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 PM

Ah! I couldn't find it because it was missing "Console" in the description. It's out of my league price wise, but it's a beautiful console. I've never seen the red knobby things before, and 30 games!

I'm afraid Boulderdash is as rare as I get, I want to keep it  :)

Thanks & good luck!

The price on eBay is probably $200+ more than what I'd accept on here. I'm really trying to avoid the eBay fees

#13 Oldschool80skid OFFLINE  

Oldschool80skid

Chopper Commander

• 135 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:25 AM

Are the 2 working controllers the upgraded gold from Best Electronics?

#14 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 PM

Are the 2 working controllers the upgraded gold from Best Electronics?

Everything is original from when this unit came out.

#15 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:02 PM

Several possible/likely scenarios:

- He's through with the 5200 scene.
- He wants to sell/swap this stuff because it's his stuff to do as he chooses with.
- 800 is his lucky number!
- He'd prefer 2600 stuff in exchange.
- Just because!
- It's Wednesday!
- Maybe don't be so (creepily) concerned with what other folks do with their property?
- It's really none of your damned business.

Your 'comment' reeks of intrusiveness and envy. Far too much of this around these parts lately, it's beyond cringeworthy....

IMG_3147.JPG

🙄

#16 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:57 PM

Several possible/likely scenarios:
- He's through with the 5200 scene.
- He wants to sell/swap this stuff because it's his stuff to do as he chooses with.
- 800 is his lucky number!
- He'd prefer 2600 stuff in exchange.
- Just because!
- It's Wednesday!
- Maybe don't be so (creepily) concerned with what other folks do with their property?
- It's really none of your damned business.
Your 'comment' reeks of intrusiveness and envy. Far too much of this around these parts lately, it's beyond cringeworthy....
attachicon.gifIMG_3147.JPG

Thanks man

#17 RodLightning OFFLINE  

RodLightning

Dragonstomper

• 632 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 PM

I see nothing creepy or cringeworthy going on. Just part of the vetting process when noobs arrive with goods to sell.
I welcome the scrutiny...it's a part of AtariAge forums and a good one I think.

#18 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:57 PM

I see nothing creepy or cringeworthy going on. Just part of the vetting process when noobs arrive with goods to sell.
I welcome the scrutiny...it's a part of AtariAge forums and a good one I think.

"Vetting" & "noobs", eh?   People still use that ridiculous insecurity-based term in 2017, really?   Huh.  Careful -- you might get PWND, brahh!

Riiiiight, because default mistrust and badgering is the MARK of a healthy community....

angry-mob.gif

:roll:

#19 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,365 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:26 PM

I think Brian's question is fine and so is the attitude filled response.

If people are being shifty trying to flip stuff, they should be called out so others can avoid getting ripped off by an a$$.

At the same time - you can do whatever you want with your own Sh!+

#20 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:09 PM

I think Brian's question is fine and so is the attitude filled response.

If people are being shifty trying to flip stuff, they should be called out so others can avoid getting ripped off by an a$$.

At the same time - you can do whatever you want with your own Sh!+

Vetting people to make sure they're legit and not ripping people off is a good thing and keeps people in check here. I understand and support that. Heck, I came here to get feedback from experts and truly value the helpful responses.

Curious how you think the comments in question fit that category.

He's questioning why I'm selling my 5200 after I asked about buying games on here. What's wrong or suspicious with that? I needed Games so I could play my system, did that and realized I'm a 2600 guy, so I'm selling it. What's wrong with that?

I get your point, but I've had that specific person do this on multiple theads I've made.

#21 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:18 PM

Vetting people to make sure they're legit and not ripping people off is a good thing and keeps people in check here. I understand and support that. Heck, I came here to get feedback from experts and truly value the helpful responses.

Curious how you think the comments in question fit that category.

He's questioning why I'm selling my 5200 after I asked about buying games on here. What's wrong or suspicious with that? I needed Games so I could play my system, did that and realized I'm a 2600 guy, so I'm selling it. What's wrong with that?

I get your point, but I've had that specific person do this on multiple threads I've made.

It's not vetting, it's obvious nosiness and borderline harassment.  'Tis the way it is, however, as evidenced by what you can clearly read with your own eyes.  Nitpicking sales threads and offering unsolicited 'opinions' protects the community, didn't you know ?   ;)

As the years go by the unmerited suspicion and general crankiness increase exponentially, lol, so try and focus on the many good aspects of the forum!   :grin:

#22 Mats90245 OFFLINE  

Mats90245

Star Raider

• Topic Starter
  • 85 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:38 PM

It's not vetting, it's obvious nosiness and borderline harassment.  'Tis the way it is, however, as evidenced by what you can clearly read with your own eyes.  Nitpicking sales threads and offering unsolicited 'opinions' protects the community, didn't you know ?   ;)

As the years go by the unmerited suspicion and general crankiness increase exponentially, lol, so try and focus on the many good aspects of the forum!   :grin:

Sounds about right. Most people on here are pretty cool and I really appreciate the feedback.

#23 wongojack OFFLINE  

wongojack

River Patroller

• 2,365 posts

Posted Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 PM

An 800 price tag on a lot like this deserves scrutiny. Would you have explained the price the way you did without the early question? Maybe, but we'll never know, and we don't have that much activity from you to inform our opinions.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users