IGNORED

Atari - The Graphic Difference

AtariGeezer

Does someone have the program that displays the image on the main screen in this Ad?

post-26874-0-75136500-1505264554_thumb.jpg

This is what caught my eye on a TV commercial for a little computer store in Minot ND back in 1982, that led me to to get a home improvement loan to buy my first 800 :)

Just thought it'd be cool to see the real thing...

• Like 1

Does someone have the program that displays the image on the main screen in this Ad?

attachicon.gifdifference.jpg

This is what caught my eye on a TV commercial for a little computer store in Minot ND back in 1982, that led me to to get a home improvement loan to buy my first 800 :)

Just thought it'd be cool to see the real thing...

Not sure I ever ran across a program that did that. Entirely possible it was a one off (perhaps even done in an easy language like LOGO) just for a screenshot?

Pretty sure thats just a Gr.8 geometry demo. A bit tricky to program in BASIC due to the rectangular coordinate conversion but I remember seeing a few. MUCH easier to do in PILOT or another language with turtle graphics. In fact, I have vague recollections of a Spirograph program like that printed in the Atari PILOT books that I had as a kid.

EDIT: Its very similar to the demo program on p. 70 of the Atari Student PILOT Reference Guide, but without the text lines at the bottom. PRETTY sure BASIC programs to do displays like this were in books and magazines - something like The Creative Atari compilation book probably has some too.

• Like 1