Photo

In KansasFest really a big deal?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• 17,938 posts

Posted Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:09 PM

Is KansasFest really a big deal? Everytime I hear it mentioned all I hear is name dropping and who is attending. Not a lot of hardcore Apple material. I can imagine the guests (in their old age) doing even MORE name dropping.

Not sure I would want to attend. Bummer, because Apple II is my fav platform.

On the other hand I hear good things about PRGE, and there is good tech talk and, naturally, announcements of games and lots of things to trade. As it should be.

#2 david__schmidt OFFLINE  

david__schmidt

Chopper Commander

• 111 posts

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 PM

Have you looked at https://www.kansasfest.org/?  Or looked at the session downloads, recordings, or...?  I've never been myself, but I wouldn't reach the same conclusions as you just based on a cursory glance at that site.

#3 MarkO ONLINE  

MarkO

Dragonstomper

• 844 posts
  • Location:Albany, Oregon, USA, North Western Hemisphere, Planet Tera

Posted Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:50 PM

I haven't made it to one either, but there is lots of Technical Talks going on...

MarkO

#4 Keatah ONLINE  

Keatah

Quadrunner

• Topic Starter
  • 17,938 posts

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:24 AM

Have you looked at https://www.kansasfest.org/?  Or looked at the session downloads, recordings, or...?  I've never been myself, but I wouldn't reach the same conclusions as you just based on a cursory glance at that site.

Admittedly I heard most of what I said second hand. Kinda why I was asking. I think I'm totally out of the history side of things for a while. Comes and goes I guess.

I haven't made it to one either, but there is lots of Technical Talks going on...

Well that's certainly good to hear.

#5 The Usotsuki OFFLINE  

The Usotsuki

Stargunner

• 1,868 posts
  • Also called "Licca"

Posted Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:37 AM

Be nice if there were something a bit closer. :/

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users