IGNORED

CV - Video Vertical Banding

onlyinajeep

I recently picked up a ColecoVision, it works fine, but the picture exhibits some vertical bands in the color fill areas. You can see it in the green in the upper photo and the blue and red in the middle photo. The bottom photo is from a second unit using the same power supply, tv, and RF cable, which looks great. The PSU from the second unit was tried with the problem unit and nothing changed. I replaced the Radio Shack switch shown in this article with no improvement. I installed an RCA video out from this guy and, if anything, the bands are more prominent. Any idears on how to correct this would be appreciated.

thanks, Steve

ColecoColorBanda.jpg

ColecoColorBandb.jpg

ColecoColorBandc.jpg

Deoxited, wiggled, prodded, no luck. Page VIII-1 of service manual: "Vertical lines on background rather than solid blue background with no lines. Replace C106." New capacitor should arrive next week. I also ordered a new crystal. I have a Rev F1 mainbord, and it appears, on mine anyways, there is a ceramic capacitor bridging C106 on the bottom in addition to the tantalum cap on top(?!?).

In this post (link) 'Rex' suggest that the bands are the nature of the Rev F. beast.

0916171414.jpg

CV Test Cart pattern on Sony Trinitron

0915171347d.jpg

Edited by onlyinajeep