IGNORED

Sensible Soccer hard as F***!

UHATEIT

A jag baseball game with MLB teams and players would be neat. Is there an ST game at least that could be ported?

Microleague Baseball? Though that is a management, not an action game. But I would think it would work well with the Jagpad. Hardball is the only other baseball ST game that comes to mind but I only played that on 8-bit.

Thread bump, but stumbled across developer talking about Jaguar version:

'The Jaguar version runs at full speed (60fps, no slow down) in 256

colour mode with 8 channel 16bit sound for the crowd.

All the menus use 65535 colour mode.

The controls are as in the Megadrive version (ie 3 button, shoot,

kick, pass) we think the Jag version is by far the most playable of

them all.

The version we have converted is the International teams version not

sensible world of soccer (if this version sells ok we may do the world

update next year on CD). all team and player names are real (if you

have a PAL machine, we had to change them for the NTSC version)'

So there you have it.

I've never seen any sales figures for it, but clearly weren't enough to green light a follow up on Jaguar CD.

Really interesting...

So Jaguar version come from Amiga, PC or Genesis convert ?

Who is the guy answers the questions ?

I'm ready to help everyone who want to release SWOS on Jaguar.

Glad you liked it.

I've suggested to Arcade Attack they try and interview the people behind Jaguar Sensible Soccer.

As for which version was used for basis of the Jaguar version...

This from the blog of Stoo Cambridge:

'First up I’d have to say was the conversion of the original Sensible Soccer sprites to the Genesis/Megadrive & Super Nintendo. I didn’t need to do the actual sprites as the Amiga originals were used. I did however add some extra presentation for the console versions. Here’s one of the big players that are displayed at the start of the match, left is the Genesis version, right is the later Jaguar version with more shades and overall a smoother look.

Working on the Atari Jaguar also meant we could colour up the sprites in more colours . As well as the kits we also had some smoother shadows and slightly more shading on the heads too. There’s not a lot we could do in the tiny amount of space and without redrawing it entirley the conversion was more an enhancement than a direct no thrill port. It does in my opinion play as good as the Sega version it’s just a shame the Jagaur game pad was a bit pants in comparison to the Sega.

http://www.stoocambridge.com/2016/02/08/football-sprites-i-wondered-i-did/

Edited by Lost Dragon

Ok :)

Parts of infos come from an interview of this guy : https://uk.linkedin.com/in/glenn-williams-a9909b27 ?

That's who i suggested Arcade Attack try and track down.

They do fantastic interviews and Williams Development i am lead to believe were handling Virtuoso and Powerslide for Elite on Jaguar?.

Virtuoso was dreadful, but it'd make for interesting reading to see how the Jaguar version would of compared.

Some of my personal observations:

I remember trying out a demo of Sensi from ST Format and it played just fine for me, they only had "good" teams on it I suppose.

Many years later I tried a demo of SWOS on the 360 and in spite of the smooth controls I couldn't do well at all. For me it was hard to see the smaller sprites on a larger flatscreen. So I'm wondering if Senisible Socccer games were meant more for playing on a computer monitor where you're much closer to the screen than playing any console versions on a TV?

• Like 1

Only soccer game I really liked was world cup. Me and friends played the crap out of that on nes and gameboy. It's more arcade though and I loved it. That game definitely is dependant on team chosen, though I got good enough I could win with the worst team against the best vs computer.

I saw there was some soccer for jaguar, but never got them, so I don't know how there are.