IGNORED

Is Pro(c) Atari still around at all?

Gunstar

I remember hearing that ABBUC would no longer support it or some aspect of it, but on August 8th I ordered 4 issues and haven't heard from anyone or seen anything. I have waited this long to ask, thinking it's still in transit, but I seem to recall delivery only taking a week or two when I ordered the first 8 issues last year. The site has record of my order when I check my account, but no other news there and no emails or anything either. I looked for any contact information on the site, but found none. So this is my only resort for any possible answers.

Edited by Gunstar

I remember hearing that ABBUC would no longer support it or some aspect of it, but on August 8th I ordered 4 issues and haven't heard from anyone or seen anything. I have waited this long to ask, thinking it's still in transit, but I seem to recall delivery only taking a week or two when I ordered the first 8 issues last year. The site has record of my order when I check my account, but no other news there and no emails or anything either. I looked for any contact information on the site, but found none. So this is my only resort for any possible answers.

There is a form to send them a message:

http://www.abbuc.de/abbuc/kontakt

Thanks for the contact info, I had no problem previously with Pro© either, which is why I waited better than a month to start looking for a way to contact them. The fact that they don't have any contact information on the site though, is absolutely ridiculous. (if you are using the ENGLISH translation there is NO "contact" to click on, it only exists in the German language version, which the link above takes me too. Sure enough, there's "kontakt" on the left side, but once you switch to English, which I automatically do, that option disappears)

Edited by Gunstar

Well,

since approx. May Markus half body is paralyzed. The doctors have not found the source or the reason for this yet...

So, PAM is in a (maybe looong) pause-mode right now, until Markus health is getting better.

I already created the disk-images for PAM issue 13, but it was delayed again and again for the above mentioned reasons. Originally we wanted to continue with the english issues of PAM twice (2x) per year, but alas this seems not to be possible this year. Maybe we can continue next year and if not, then not. There are more important things in life than Atari - e.g. health...

• Like 7

Well,

since approx. May Markus half body is paralyzed. The doctors have not found the source or the reason for this yet...

So, PAM is in a (maybe looong) pause-mode right now, until Markus health is getting better.

I already created the disk-images for PAM issue 13, but it was delayed again and again for the above mentioned reasons. Originally we wanted to continue with the english issues of PAM twice (2x) per year, but alas this seems not to be possible this year. Maybe we can continue next year and if not, then not. There are more important things in life than Atari - e.g. health...

I am a bit shocked. I did not know this. Give him my best wishes, I hope he will recover. Health is much more important than PAM.

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 2

Well,

Terribly sorry to hear this. Please let him know a bunch of folks across the pond are wishing him well.

Agreed, shit, sorry to hear this. Both the English and German versions of Proc Atari, I am always excited when they get to my doorstep.

I hope Markus can recover 100% of his health.

• Like 2

Well,

Thanks for the info, I have no problem waiting, under the circumstances, I just wanted to make sure the site wasn't abandoned and my money stuck in limbo. I wish Markus a speedy recovery, and under the circumstances, the little money I spent is trivial.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Well,

I got this information at the Gamescom in Cologne a few weeks ago - from the publisher of the german Return magazine (since Markus writes the A8 pages for this magazine)...

Markus himself wrote me in May that half of his face is paralyzed, whereas at Gamescom I have been told, that half of his body is paralyzed, so maybe his health got worse in the meanwhile ? I hope that I do not tell rumours (or lies), but I know for sure Markus had and most likely still has serious health problems...

• Like 2

Since I posted this I last heard from Markus on the 8th August 2017, he was then slightly recovering and able to do a little each day. As far as I know he has his own on-line business to maintain (MDD Records?). He has put his own money to run Pro© and was making a loss with the German edition (abbuc distributed). The last editorial in Issue 12 set out the plan to have a larger less often (English) magazine and I (and others) have send him material for that which he was looking at (on the 8th August).

Difficult situation as most of us are litttle Atari Islands. Would be nice if some German Atari guys who might know him could help him out or visit him or something if that was possible.

• Like 3