IGNORED

Need help identifying small inductor

rasch_C

I had some caps leak on my Sony KV34HS420 TV and it took out one of the inductors on the A board. I am not familiar w/ an inductor that looks like this. I am hoping someone can point me in the right direction so I can order a replacement. It was the L507 inductor (above the top cap).

-Thank you, Allen

post-27108-0-93229600-1505357975_thumb.jpg

post-27108-0-01956900-1505358001_thumb.jpg

post-27108-0-31864300-1505358047_thumb.jpg

Edited by rasch_C

• 2 weeks later...

That board looks trashed. I doubt an inductor is the start or the end of your problems there man,. might as well chip away at the inductor till you can get at the legs.

I think the code "100" means 10UH (10*10⌃X μH) in this case X would be 0 or 10*10⌃0

Everyone of those green corrosion areas that touches other green corrosion looks like a potential bridge to me. #no bueno

Edited by the_crayon_king

• 2 weeks later...

Right. The board was really bad. My thought is that maybe someone spilled something on it at one point in time. I have been doing a lot of cleaning to it and ordered parts (caps, inductors, and some diodes). Everything is prepped to start rebuilding the board. I'll hopefully have it back together in next few days (family obligations non-withstanding).

-Allen