The Official JAWCRUSHER thread - IntellivisionRevolution

132 replies to this topic

#101 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Thu Nov 2, 2017 6:42 AM

Lol !!!

We're great at keeping threads on topic. !!!!

That's for sure.

#102 JasonlikesINTV OFFLINE  

JasonlikesINTV

Quadrunner

• 8,431 posts

Posted Thu Nov 2, 2017 8:56 PM

WTF is going on in this thread :lolblue: I just got caught up thinking I was missing important JawCrusher news.

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

#103 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,509 posts

Posted Thu Nov 2, 2017 10:02 PM

Jason stop derailing this thread. Sheesh 😝

#104 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 2:54 AM

lol , Jason is good at derailing threads.. ;p

#105 DZ-Jay OFFLINE  

DZ-Jay

Quadrunner

• 9,935 posts
  • Triple-Stripe Mo' Bro

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 5:30 AM

WTF is going on in this thread :lolblue: I just got caught up thinking I was missing important JawCrusher news.

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

I say, m-crew, Rev, Wolfy, and all of you derailing this thread must follow Eric's lead and go to all the other Intellivision Revolution release threads and post the exact same comments.  It's only fair to keep it balance.

I mean, what about all the other people who don't care about Jawcrusher?  Are they just supposed to miss this saga??   :P

-dZ.

#106 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 5:43 AM

Good Times for sure!!!

Lol

#107 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,136 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:02 AM

Question Rev , Didn't the Atari Version have 9 rows of dots , correct me if I'm wrong because I don't have the Inty version yet.
But it looks like there's only 5 rows of dots on the inty version.
Any reason for the difference.

Cheers Brother

Maybe the programmer had a Commodore 64 rather than an Atari.  There's an explanation of the different versions here.
http://www.dadgum.co...BOOK/HARRIS.HTM

The original Jawbreaker for the Atari 800 and Apple II were purely pac-man clones.

The Atari 2600 programmer explains that he felt pac-man couldn't be done properly on the 2600.  He came up with a horizontal nine row version.

Then different programmers were asked to do other versions.  Supposedly, they were given incomplete specifications that called for five rows of dots. [Aka Jawbreaker II on some machines]

Edited by mr_me, Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:59 AM.

#108 Tarzilla OFFLINE  

Tarzilla

Stargunner

• 1,905 posts
  • Huh?

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:36 AM

Maybe the programmer had a Commodore 64 rather than an Atari.  There's an explanation of the different versions here.

The original Jawbreaker for the Atari 800 and Apple II were purely pac-man clones.

The Atari 2600 programmer explains that he felt pac-man couldn't be done properly on the 2600.  He came up with a horizontal nine row version.

Then different programmers were asked to do other versions.  Supposedly, they were given incomplete specifications that called for five rows of dots.

Basically it takes the constraints of the Intellivision into account to get two color candies and as a result is really a port with extras of the Apple II/Atari 8-bit Jawbreaker II
https://www.youtube....h?v=9_vXWdRHMeo

#109 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 9:09 AM

Thanks Guys !!!!

I was Just was curious why... 👍🏻👍🏻 Cause you know

You Can see the difference from the Atari compared to the intellivision.

Cheers.

#110 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,762 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 5:47 PM

gallery_1_6_4517600.gif

Hey,is that a clip from a Gumby cartoon?

#111 wolfy62 OFFLINE  

wolfy62

River Patroller

• 2,762 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 5:53 PM

Lets please keep this thread about Jawcrusher

I love Jawcrusher!!! :thumbsup:

#112 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,509 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:19 PM

I love Jawcrusher!!! :thumbsup:

Me too. I think it plays and sounds great.  :thumbsup:

#113 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,415 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 9:06 PM

Me too. I think it plays and sounds great.  :thumbsup:

Surprisingly to me it was the game I played the most at PRGE. When Rev first showed it to me a while back I was skeptical but I must admit I really enjoyed playing it. 👍🏻

#114 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Sat Nov 4, 2017 5:46 AM

I'm also looking forward to playing this game!!! Please Could you Hurry and ship this up north Rev... lol You know its just snowed last week an hour or so north of me. So I don't want to weather to affect delivery... ;)
!! lol

Cheers

#115 Intymike ONLINE  

Intymike

River Patroller

• 2,537 posts

Posted Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:02 PM

Jawcrusher was very well received today at EJagFest.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4849.JPG

Edited by Intymike, Sun Nov 5, 2017 3:03 PM.

#116 CrazyBoss OFFLINE  

CrazyBoss

Moonsweeper

• 327 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:55 AM

Then different programmers were asked to do other versions.  Supposedly, they were given incomplete specifications that called for five rows of dots. [Aka Jawbreaker II on some machines]

I did not have a C64 and also not an Atari :) I got the idea primary from JawBreaker II which is a newer version for MSX and ColecoVision. Also watching the Apple II videos at youtube.

I added a few more things like the iron-bar which blocks access to other floor(s). The Bonus round, and the "switcher".

Please notice the multicolor for the dots and the powerpills :) "Super Graphics"????

The faces are build up by two sprites and the Jaw is two sprites too. So all 8 sprites are in use when 3 faces on screen at the same time.

#117 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:14 AM

Update to all. Some copies have been sent, and will continue. Much thanks

Just Curious if all received orders have been shipped out yet for the games released last month Rev?

Thanks for the update in advance..

Cheers

#118 mthompson OFFLINE  

mthompson

Dragonstomper

• 657 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 AM

Just Curious if all received orders have been shipped out yet for the games released last month Rev?

Rev is currently being detained at a Target security office because of his recent suspicious behavior, so game orders might be delayed.

segway-target-security.jpg

#119 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:49 AM

Rev is currently being detained at a Target security office because of his recent suspicious behavior, so game orders might be delayed.

segway-target-security.jpg

Lol it must of been from his dumpster diving there. ;p

Edited by m-crew, Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:50 AM.

#120 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:17 PM

Thanks for the update in advance..

Cheers

Hey Rev, any Chance we can get an update on when we can have an update... :P lol :) Thanks in advance for the update on the update.

#121 MonsterSky OFFLINE  

MonsterSky

Space Invader

• 24 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:03 AM

I never received a confirmation mail or order update since I place (and paid) my order for OREGON BOUND and JAWCRUSHER of 30th of October. I sent more than one mail and messages without any answer. I never received a shipping notification with tracking number, maybe I have to open a PayPal claim? 

Someone can update me about my order, please? Order details and PayPal trans ID in PM

Edited by MonsterSky, Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:04 AM.

#122 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:32 AM

I never received a confirmation mail or order update since I place (and paid) my order for OREGON BOUND and JAWCRUSHER of 30th of October. I sent more than one mail and messages without any answer. I never received a shipping notification with tracking number, maybe I have to open a PayPal claim? 

Someone can update me about my order, please? Order details and PayPal trans ID in PM

You have no worriers with Rev ,
I'm sure he is still getting everything put together.
And will be shipping soon

Cheers

#123 Rev OFFLINE  

Rev

A.K.A. Revolutionika

• Topic Starter
  • 15,509 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:39 AM

http://www.intellivi...ution.com/store

Feel free to contact us for any questions before placing your order. We ship Worldwide. Paypal accepted. Credit Cards via Paypal accepted.

Please allow up to 4 to 6 weeks for assembly, processing and delivery. No limit on copies ordered. Some international orders may require additional shipping time due to location and carrier delays in certain areas.

I have sent quite a few orders. Unfortunately not your and others. Im waiting on additional materials to complete the final unsent orders.

On ordering page I have stated 4-6 weeks. See above.

Ill send a newsletter with update on all orders this weekend.

As always, if anyone is unsatisfied, I can give full refund, and have done so in the past. Its really no huge deal.

Thanks all.

#124 m-crew ONLINE  

m-crew

River Patroller

• 3,656 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:49 AM

http://www.intellivi...ution.com/store

I have sent quite a few orders. Unfortunately not your and others. Im waiting on additional materials to complete the final unsent orders.

On ordering page I have stated 4-6 weeks. See above.

Ill send a newsletter with update on all orders this weekend.

As always, if anyone is unsatisfied, I can give full refund, and have done so in the past. Its really no huge deal.

Thanks all.

Thanks for the update... Cheers Brother and Assemble Rev Assemble.....

#125 MonsterSky OFFLINE  

MonsterSky

Space Invader

• 24 posts

Posted Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 AM

Glad to read you update. Since I havn't received neither any order confirmation nor answers to my past messages (mail and contact form) I didn't know anything about my order status and I was starting to bve a little worried about.

No problem at all to wait for the order to be shipped and delivered now that I have a status update and I know that my order has bedd correctly received.

Thank you.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users