Outlaw Hill - Vectrex Home Brew

vectrex vector republic homebrew home brew cowboy outlaw hill frontier

6 replies to this topic

#1 cNp OFFLINE  

cNp

Space Invader

• 18 posts

Posted Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 AM

Hi, just wanted to start a thread here for my next Vectrex game (my first was Big Blue).

I have done no programming since the end of May but will pick things up again now summer is over.

This was the last video I recorded:

I added a vulture that dropped power ups since that video.

Originally the next game was going to be Frontier which will be a wild west adventure game... but I think I will now release this as Outlaw Hill (guess the games it's inspired by ;)

Currently it's 2 player Vs only but I will try to add an AI opponent... if that doesn't work out I will add a separate 1 player game as I know 2 player only games aren't always popular.

Doubt this will be out until 2018 but I'll keep the updates coming.

www.vectorrepublic.co.uk

Edited by cNp, Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:36 AM.

#2 50TBRD OFFLINE  

50TBRD

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2017 2:16 PM

Surprised no one has commented. Big Blue was terrific. Excellent execution all around. I'm looking forward to everything the future holds from Vector Republic. 

#3 TrekMD OFFLINE  

TrekMD

River Patroller

• 3,339 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2017 3:20 PM

Cool, that looks nice.  I hope you've been able to work on it more so it can be released in 2018.  :)

#4 JEFF31 OFFLINE  

JEFF31

Dragonstomper

• 517 posts

Posted Sun Dec 3, 2017 11:56 PM

Really liked Big Blue.  Would like to get this also.

#5 cNp OFFLINE  

cNp

Space Invader

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:29 AM

Cheers guys, I've set myself a deadline of May to have physical copies of the new game ready :)

Also plan to have a bunch of US/GCE style boxes made up for big Blue as I've been asked by so many collector in America and Canada if I would ever do them.

Whilst I liked the foam inserts in Big Blue, and would use them again, I have ordered a large number of the new repro cart trays for the next game too... one step closer to being as close to original as possible!

#6 50TBRD OFFLINE  

50TBRD

Moonsweeper

• 273 posts

Posted Mon Dec 4, 2017 6:15 PM

Be careful mentioning Canadian Vectrex owners. They'll want a GCE/MB box. 

Glad to hear that you'll be selling the Big Blue re-release with the new repro cart holders. We really need to support Mortoff for his efforts. 

#7 ls650 OFFLINE  

ls650

Quadrunner

• 6,727 posts
  • Atari rocks!

Posted Mon Dec 4, 2017 9:08 PM

That looks great so far.

And yes, I agree that there needs to be a strong 1-player component.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vectrex, vector republic, homebrew, home brew, cowboy, outlaw hill, frontier

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users