IGNORED

What's the name and needs for this 68030 card?

Hello,

Does anyone know this card?

What does it need to boot?

e.g.

Ram / type

Tos on MB or not?

Are there any programs for it?

Any info is welcome.

The card has a 68030, 68882 and 2 Eproms.

And some slots for Ram.

It fits a 68000 socket.

After I plugged it into a working MegaST board, nothing happened.

No boot (and no smoke) It was as it's shown in the picture.

BR/

Guus

post-14026-0-81458400-1505672332_thumb.jpg

Sounds like a question for Exxos (though I'm sure more people here can weight in as well) I would agree with needing some ram in there. Might be STe only? Are there other leads you have to connect besides the 68k socket? What little I know of CPU cards for the ST, I'd wager most of them need some kind of additional connection, but totally speculating here. What background can you give us on the card? Where'd you get it? Any brand markings on the PCB?

-A.

Hello Tillek,

Yes, You nailed it.

I'll have to get another MegaST to test it, as it doesn't work in the one I've selected.

I sure hope I can get it to work.

Why have you not tried to fix the computer?

The SST 68030 is the fastest card around and it matches the speed of a TT.

Can support 12MB of Ram. And the manual is very nice to read.

BR/

Guus

Edited by guus.assmann

When I got it off ebay, it arrived and the card had basically been banging around in the case as the part that connects it to the processor socket had broken into many pieces. Also, he had hot-glued it to the board on the SST side. It took me forever to be able to find the replacement part (I tried searching but could never figure out what they were called to get the exact matching part). Thankfully Atarimax pointed me in the right direction (I had bought some stuff from him and since we're local we met up at a local Starbucks and I was able to show him pictures of it).

Then some big life changes....

And now, I just have been focusing on getting the TT030 set up, trying to fix my Falcons, running the BBS, working full time......

I'll get to it eventually, but I really don't have much hope that the thing survived the shipping and I'll be heartbroken when I fix it and it doesn't work.

So I keep putting it off. ... Someday.

Well, it is *one* of the fastest cards around. Not sure if it's the abosolute

fastest...

Anyway, it is a great! card and I hope you get it working.

PS And I love reading just about anything by Dave Small. :)

The absolute fastest non-Falcon accelerator is the Medusa. Before it became a full TT clone, Fredi released a 040 accelerator card for the ST as a DIY project in German ST-Magazin.

The absolute fastest non-Falcon accelerator is the Medusa. Before it became a full TT clone, Fredi released a 040 accelerator card for the ST as a DIY project in German ST-Magazin.

I'd be very interested to know how many people actually installed it and how many surviving, working units in ST's there are right now.

Hello kimchipenguin,

Is there any data / link / PDF and more.

Is it possible to build this now?

I'm intrested.

BR/

Guus

I do have the PDFs, but I guess it makes more sense to put OCR'ed versions on stcarchiv.de. That way you can use Google Translate or something.

I'd be very interested to know how many people actually installed it and how many surviving, working units in ST's there are right now.

I'm no hardware expert, but it looks very complicated - hence the offer to order the preassembled board back in the day. The same magazine also published DIY solutions for a graphics card adapter, Autoswitch Overscan and Mega Bus interface for non-Mega STs.