IGNORED

Introduction: 2600 Programming for Newbies

I'm tempted to start an interactive course/dialog to help newcomers to '2600 programming get up and running. Just wondering how many people would follow such a happening.

* If you would be interested in participating, post a reply to this

* What particular areas of progamming would you like to see covered

* what level of knowledge should be assumed

* any comments?

My tentative title for the course would be "000001010 00101000 00000000 01100101" - 10 points to the first person who can tell me what on earth this means :)

Cheers

A

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i will only be learning mc68000 from the jaguar. and next to that . i also want another system to program for. so count me in for the atari 2600.

however. i nwould aprreciate it. if you made an .txt/.word file of everything you described. that would be much better than all the topics.

* If you would be interested in participating, post a reply to this

COUNT ME IN!!!!

* What particular areas of progamming would you like to see covered

starting from scratch.......

how to make any game idea a reality through the 2600.

(of course given the limitations of the 2600)

it would be nice if it started with only 2k and 4k size games.

* what level of knowledge should be assumed

no assumptions.:ponder:

* any comments?

I AM REALLY HAPPY TO SEE THIS!

i have been struggling with the info on "How to Program" the 2600 that i have gathered for quite some time. i understand a lot but then it just becomes a mess after a while.:sad:

hacking games is one thing but making a game from scratch is the only TRUE personal endeavor in the Atari 2600 that i would REALLY like to pursue. :D

Im interested. Course I hope the teachings are compatible for MAC users using hex editors and hack-o-matic!

We are not going to learn how to hack existing programs. We're big boys now, and we can put the toys away. Nothing I'm teaching should be platform-specific, so MAC users are very welcome to come along.

• Like 1

Count me in Andrew!  :)

andrews avatar looks more scarier than the avatar fro the guy that drinks blood from his hands.

anyhow ron. nice avatar. just wanted to say that.

Im interested too!

But I dont a very little or none at all about assembly language programming but im very eager to learn.

Plus if I felt if I can learn how to successfully program the 2600, I feel like im then capable of learning anything.

good point sharky - it looks well complicated - I'm gunna give it ago - but it's about time a vintage 2600 programmer-programmed some sort of developement suite - there will be new games all over the place then.

If I can do it my first game is gunna be called atari safari, Ive designed the cover already & got the concept - no-one will guess, it's to obscure :P

safari.gif