IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Game Gear stuff

RSS Bot

So I got Halley Wars in the mail yesterday. This inspired me to work on the Game Gear game I was making about oranges. If you recall, I was having trouble with the collision detection, and I found a work around. Well, I thought to myself that I don't need it and went to work trying to figure out how to get rid of the excess sprites that may have been causing the collision detection to be always on. A few hours later, I discovered that that was mostly what was causing the problem.

I also got it working so that it didn't automatically go back to the title screen the first time you turned it on. So now it's working again. I need to redo the other Orange-O-Matic design I had switched to earlier. That should be easy to do since it's just a different data set I can plug in and change whenever I want. I tried it on my Game Gear. It works there, too. A weird thing happened, though. It decided to create a file called SAVE. I don't know why, though, since I didn't have any save data on any of the games I had on that SD card. Oh well.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-14187-game-gear-stuff/