IGNORED

Jittery picture

Finally got a working Intelli(thanks masschamber!) and it's got a jittery picture on my Emerson 32" LCD. When I hooked it up directly to the RF on my Element 20" LCD, it's fine. So I eliminated the system as the culprit. Here's the rundown of the setup on the 32";

-Intelli/2600

-Gepco VHD2000m flexcore cable

-Archer 15-2100 amp'd selector

-RG6 coax

I even tried that little Radio Shack RF booster before and after the Archer with no luck. My 2600 does fine on the 32". Is it safe to say the Emerson's RF is lacking something and is there anything to improve the TV's RF?

I get the same results with most RF consoles I use on my Sony Bravia... This is the reason I started to AV mod all my retro consoles. I still keep 1 or 2 on hand that are in stock condition, but for the main daily driver to play my games on, they get AV modded.

• Like 1

I will state that every Intellivision I plug into my Sony, the image will jump up and down while it is on. You can play this way as you eventually get used to it, but...ugh. But yeah on my TV the Intellivision is the worst offender for this. I own three different models and they all do it and several others that I have AV modded did it as well on my TV. So it is very much a TV thing as compared to the signals the consoles put out.

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-

The best is by far an RGB mod, but I'm not sure where you can purchase that currently.

Aside from that, I've been pretty happy with the composite mod I've purchased a few times from here:

http://www.coolretroprojects.com/Intellivision-A-V-Mod-Kit-NTSC-PAL.html

Only issue is that it does take quite a while to get the board as the guy is in Turkey. So shipping takes a while. Last one I ordered from him he shipped to me wrapped in a tiny bit of bubble wrap in a small manila envelope similar to what telegrams..etc used to come in. But they have always arrived intact.

Two main issues with this mod board I've seen:

- On my HDTV only (Haven't see this happen with a CRT), the video will change in brightness/contrast while playing a game. It is very dependant on the game and background color on the screen at the time. So for instance something like Pac-Man I don't really see it happen, but with Atlantis or Fathom, I will see the brightness change as I'm playing the game. But I again, think this could be TV specific as every console I've modded with this board does this on my HDTV but I've not seen it happen with my PVM. And the customer's I've modded with this board stated it looked great for them.

- Second issue is that it is also Intellivision board revision specific on the quality of how it looks. I installed it in my Sears and on an original 2609 Mattel units and it looked great! I recently installed it on a later revision Intellivison board from an INTV III unit and it seemed to produce some slight bleeding and ghosting in places. But still way better than the RF I had before!

So yeah, if you don't mind waiting over a month to get the mod board in the mail, this is the cheapest place to get it and I really like the simplicity of it.

Here is a video of my installing this exact mod board into my Sears Intelly. Only changes I've done on the last few since this video, is that I also pull audio from further up to help with possible noise interference, but it isn't critical.

Well..yes I have a Sony Bravia and I it was the first I had noticed it was with Intellivisions. I guess I need to connect up some other systems like my TG-16 or something in RF and see. But I seem to recall that 2600s looked okay aside from the usual snow and fuzzy you get using RF on an HDTV.

I've only had the TV for less than 6 months. I had a Samsung before and it was quite nice. But after I updated the firmware on it one day (As it advised me to do...). It bricked and wouldn't come back up. So... yeah.... Only the second thing I've had brick on me from a firmware update. And it even stated it had updates successfull and did its usual power off thing to reset. Only it just would give me power light and nothing else....I was sad...

Edited by -^Cro§Bow^-