IGNORED

Need help with fixing A/V mod on my Colecovision

Ramses

I recently sent my Colecovision to an electronics repair guy to replace the IC chips as I was unable to desolder them myself. He was able to do it, though he needed to use a heat gun. I got it back today and the controllers work again! However, now I lost audio.

This is an A/V modded system I got off ebay years ago. I've searched around and I can't seem to find this particular mod anywhere. This one only has 2 wires that connect to the board, not 3 like the others seem to.

I've attached photos of the mod. As you can see, it is located next to the IC chips. I'm wondering if maybe a joint melted and connected with something it shouldn't have when the guy was using the heat gun. Does that sound likely? The video works fine and still looks great. I'm just not getting ANY audio at all.

Anyone have any ideas?

post-37527-0-82254700-1505951639_thumb.jpg

post-37527-0-00945000-1505951657_thumb.jpg

post-37527-0-87066100-1505951677_thumb.jpg

Ahhh, okay that makes more sense now. So how does this picture look? The grey wire wasn't attached to anything when I took it apart. I'm guessing it might have come off the RF modulator when I first opened it up. It's too short to reach the SN76489AN. Where exactly should it be connected to the RF modulator?

post-37527-0-56002800-1505957106_thumb.jpg