Photo

Which homebrews use DPC+?

4 replies to this topic

#1 mika OFFLINE  

mika

Chopper Commander

• 105 posts

Posted Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:11 AM

not sure if I can find that information anywhere, I am looking for information on the homebrews using DPC+ kernel in batari basic, as I wanted to have a closer look at what the developers actually came up with in terms of playfield graphics. Suppose there is no list anywhere, but is there a chance someone can at least direct me to few nice examples of implementation in finished games?

#2 Lewis2907 ONLINE  

Lewis2907

Chopper Commander

• 148 posts

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 AM

Mika,

Search Bb forum for Save Earth and Pac Man Eat n Run. I'm not the best but RT, Bogax and few others helped with DPC Coding. I have the text versions as well with some notes on what I think the program does. Hope this helps, thanks.

#3 Lewis2907 ONLINE  

Lewis2907

Chopper Commander

• 148 posts

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:48 PM

Edited by Lewis2907, Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:27 PM.

#4 Sprybug OFFLINE  

Sprybug

Dragonstomper

• 556 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 7:57 PM

My next game is using DPC+.  Right now we're trying to get the Batari and Harmony/Melody developers to expand it, so we can use more of the ARM that will allow 64K and up games, something I will need to do everything I want in Robot Zed.

#5 Random Terrain ONLINE  

Random Terrain

Visual batari Basic User

• 28,332 posts
  • Controlled Randomness
    Replay Value
    Nonlinear

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 8:14 PM

My next game is using DPC+.  Right now we're trying to get the Batari and Harmony/Melody developers to expand it, so we can use more of the ARM that will allow 64K and up games, something I will need to do everything I want in Robot Zed.

Please beg for more variables while you're at it. I can't deal with the stack. Superchip RAM gave us 48 extra variables, so when DPC+ was being worked on, I assumed that we'd have at least 74 variables.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users