Photo

Xonox price question

10 replies to this topic

#1 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• 2,947 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:44 AM

Hey guys, I normally exist in the Intellivision section but I have a soft spot for the CV (and a growing collection).

On the Xonox double enders, what's a reasonable price for a) loose Motocross Racer/Tomarc, and b) boxed Robin Hood / Sir Lancelot?

Thanks!

#2 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• 706 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:57 AM

If you have the blue box RH/SL, it will be worth quite a bit, as that's the most difficult XonoX double-ender to obtain complete. IMO, when in boxed state, it is the least frequently seen 80s-era regular release. Pricing would depend on overall material condition, naturally, and the presence or absence of all four manuals.

The MR/TB cartridge, depending on condition, should fall into the $100-$150 range generally speaking, with adequate buyer interest, though it might not be an insta-sell if that's your intention here.

#3 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,947 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:08 AM

Thanks for the info. It's a blue box, but I'm assuming for now that it's box + cart only. And the box looks to be in fair-ish condition. Nowhere near mint, but not crushed or anything. Someone locally is asking a fairly high price for a CV bundle but it does have that once nice gem. Not sure if I wanna pay as much as this person is asking unless I could flip it to a serious collector. I'm not usually a CIB collector but I know that the folks who are really dig it when one of these shows up (the equivalent of Spiker! in the Intellivision community).

The MR/TC I picked up a few years ago, and yeah, $100 kinda range is what I figured.

#4 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,947 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:07 PM

Took the plunge. Here are some pics of it - what do y'all think? I'm not a box collector generally, so I have no idea if this is the normal box, nor its overall condition. Kinda seems about average-ish to me. Light pen on the front too.  Unfortunately not quite CIB as it's missing 3 out of the 4 manuals :(

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4408.JPG
  • IMG_4410.JPG
  • IMG_4411.JPG
  • IMG_4412.JPG
  • IMG_4413.JPG
  • IMG_4414.JPG
  • IMG_4415.JPG

#5 Good_Times OFFLINE  

Good_Times

Dragonstomper

• 767 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 PM

Took the plunge. Here are some pics of it - what do y'all think? I'm not a box collector generally, so I have no idea if this is the normal box, nor its overall condition. Kinda seems about average-ish to me. Light pen on the front too.  Unfortunately not quite CIB as it's missing 3 out of the 4 manuals :(

Cool! May I please see some catalog pics?  Never knew this existed!  

"Double-ender: Twice the Fun for the Price of One!"  Giggity!

#6 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,947 posts

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:21 PM

Sure thing. I've seen pics of this catalog before but never owned one. Looking closely at the back - I never knew Xonox Canada was in my home city (at the time)! Kinda neat.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4416.JPG
  • IMG_4417.JPG
  • IMG_4418.JPG
  • IMG_4419.JPG

#7 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,467 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:58 PM

Awesome pickup! 👍🏻

#8 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,273 posts

Posted Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:25 PM

PM Sent... 

#9 freewheel OFFLINE  

freewheel

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,947 posts

Posted Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:30 PM

For anyone curious, because I've had several inquiries on this... I haven't put this up on Ebay yet because I'd prefer keeping rare-ish things in the AA community whenever possible. People here have been pretty cool to me over the years so I'd just as soon return the favor.

I'm a loose cart collector, for the most part. Getting this means I now own all 3 double enders for the CV, which is pretty cool. But I don't collect boxes/manuals. If anyone is interested in making an offer on those, whether money and/or trade, I'd be interested in talking. To sweeten the deal, I also have the English manuals for Artillery Duel and Chuck Norris (in color), and Motocross Racer and Tomarc (black and white). No boxes for those, unfortunately. I need about 50 CV carts still, mostly uncommon stuff as you can imagine :)

Anyway, PM me if you're interested.

#10 cmart604 OFFLINE  

cmart604

Intellivision Hoarder

• 11,467 posts
  • But Atari Rules!

Posted Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:20 PM

For anyone curious, because I've had several inquiries on this... I haven't put this up on Ebay yet because I'd prefer keeping rare-ish things in the AA community whenever possible. People here have been pretty cool to me over the years so I'd just as soon return the favor.

I'm a loose cart collector, for the most part. Getting this means I now own all 3 double enders for the CV, which is pretty cool. But I don't collect boxes/manuals. If anyone is interested in making an offer on those, whether money and/or trade, I'd be interested in talking. To sweeten the deal, I also have the English manuals for Artillery Duel and Chuck Norris (in color), and Motocross Racer and Tomarc (black and white). No boxes for those, unfortunately. I need about 50 CV carts still, mostly uncommon stuff as you can imagine :)

You dont say.... 🤔😎

#11 ValkerieSilk OFFLINE  

ValkerieSilk

Stargunner

• 1,273 posts

Posted Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:44 PM

Any updates?  Did you sell it?  

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users