Photo

Tutorvision games - Interest check

231 replies to this topic

#226 Utopia OFFLINE  

Utopia

Dragonstomper

• 750 posts

Posted Thu Feb 8, 2018 4:22 PM

The rom files posted here will run on a standard Intellivision. The graphics will be messed up as seen at the end of the video. There's no way to add the extra gram through the cartridge port. Someone would have to rewrite the program to use less gram if that is possible.

http://atariage.com/...-real-hardware/

Thanks for that mr_me & Lathe26. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Edited by Utopia, Thu Feb 8, 2018 4:22 PM.

#227 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,427 posts

Posted Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 AM

Sweet dude. I've already got some encouraging news but I need to make one small tweak to the ROM to make it work on a TutorPro (which I just call an INTV88 motherboard; stealing from others here).

If this checks out on a few more consoles, I think we have a one-step TutorPro/Tutorvision detection ROM :)

I -FINALLY- got around to running this ROM (laptop rebuild + work + street walking kept me busy) and it worked great on my system. Thanks!

2018-02-26 22.29.09.jpg

#228 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Dragonstomper

• 725 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 7:58 PM

This is the highest serial number for model 3504 A in the database and it's branded "INTV System III".

A 171447 Canada Steve Jones

I always thought that even if they were to use the same tutorvision mainboard in these Intellivisions there was a chance these boards might be jumpered to disable the extra gram. I'm not sure if there is such a jumper. And I'm not sure if they were aware of the incompatibility with extra gram; it affected very few cartridges. There also seems to be some evidence that some INTV systems had Intellivision II execs in them. I always wondered what that board looked like.

just tested this System 3 today, took a while to find as it is in an older Intelly 1 box, sadly it's an intelly 1 inside too.

#229 mr_me OFFLINE  

mr_me

River Patroller

• 2,643 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 8:23 PM

just tested this System 3 today, took a while to find as it is in an older Intelly 1 box, sadly it's an intelly 1 inside too.

Thanks, and I'm guessing the serial number prefix is RH and not A ie. it's made in Hong Kong. Looks like the last Intellivisions were made in USA serial numbers A031xxx.

#230 Steve Jones OFFLINE  

Steve Jones

Dragonstomper

• 725 posts

Posted Wed Mar 7, 2018 9:02 PM

843CB86E-EA5B-4C7C-B401-D87CCB5FF086.jpeg

Didnt check, its back in the pile again,
dont feel like pulling it out again.

#231 bikeguychicago OFFLINE  

bikeguychicago

Stargunner

• 1,291 posts

Posted Mon Apr 9, 2018 8:44 AM

I -FINALLY- got around to running this ROM (laptop rebuild + work + street walking kept me busy) and it worked great on my system. Thanks!

attachicon.gif2018-02-26 22.29.09.jpg

On a side note, what is that little TV screen you have? That would be perfect for my workbench!

#232 Lathe26 OFFLINE  

Lathe26

River Patroller

• 3,427 posts

Posted Mon Apr 9, 2018 10:42 AM

I found it at a thrift store.  It's an RCA RTV86073.  Looks like there are a bunch available on eBay.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users