IGNORED

Arcade to Jaguar ports you would like to see.

SlidellMan

@sd32: It just so happens that John Szczpeniak of Hardcore Gaming 101 interviewed the creators of Osman/Cannon Dancer.

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2014/08/mitchell-corporation-arcade-games.html

If you and numerous others are up for the challenge, I say go for it.

@Trooper Galactus: Was there an actual Jaguar R-Type port? (Need evidence to confirm)

Some more of mine:

Data East

-Bad Dudes vs Dragon Ninja

Technosoft

-Thunder Force AC (Which was the arcade version of TF 3, but with more levels. It was ported to the Super NES as Thunder Spirits. Hmm, a Jaguar version of TF 3 that has all the levels and bosses from all three versions would be grade A-mazing.)

Seibu Kaihatsu

-Raiden 2

-Viper Phase 1

Allumer

-Rezon (But with enhanced music and gameplay)

Technos

-Xain'd Sleena

-Shadow Force (aka what we wanted a game based off the Double Dragon cartoon to be)

Namco

-Soul Edge

-Splatterhouse

-Nebulas Ray

NMK

-Riot (talking about obscure)

Taito

-Rastan Saga 2 (but with improvements to the gameplay and levels)

-Space Gun

-Gekirindan

-Space Invaders '95/Akkanvader

• Like 1

@sd32: It just so happens that John Szczpeniak of Hardcore Gaming 101 interviewed the creators of Osman/Cannon Dancer.

http://blog.hardcoregaming101.net/2014/08/mitchell-corporation-arcade-games.html

Didnt know this. Interesting. But no, zero coding skills or knowledge here, hehe.

• Like 1

@Trooper Galactus: Was there an actual Jaguar R-Type port? (Need evidence to confirm)

Albert made a whole slew of ports a while back, and R-Type was the first one I bought (along with Joust). He removed the thread for them a while back to focus on other things, but I don't know if he's still willing to make more or has any extras lying around for sale. But yes, I have an R-Type port, box, and instructions, all nesting comfortably with the rest of my collection, so rest assured I physically own it and am not just recounting some anecdote I think I saw in another post.

• Like 1

but http://www.mitchell.jp/index.htmno longer exists.

I tried to contact square-enix for taito but the only mail on their site doesn't works.

• Like 1

Yup I found it converted for CD32, will be burning that straight to disc!

It is an awesome strategy game... one of my all-time favorites.

There's not too much with it, basic city/resource management, but also strategic battles between warring factions. Sort of like Stronghold, but with a more strategic interface and no focus on the individuals.

I'd love to see this on the Jaguar, and I think if the controls were mapped properly, it could be VERY easy to play on the Jaguar. All of the controls on each of the 3/4 major screens have direct keyboard maps.

There is no 5-slot Neo Geo board.

I could be wrong it could have been only 4 slots but I swear it was 5 slots. I had bubble bobble prehistork isle 2 samurai showdown 2 and I remember 2 other slots. Perhaps I am misremembering but I have been telling people for years about it. I can contact the guy I sold it to and verify. Maybe you're right

I could be wrong it could have been only 4 slots but I swear it was 5 slots. I had bubble bobble prehistork isle 2 samurai showdown 2 and I remember 2 other slots. Perhaps I am misremembering but I have been telling people for years about it. I can contact the guy I sold it to and verify. Maybe you're right

There are 1, 2, 4 and 6 slots. No 5 slots.

https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Beginners_Guide_To_SNK_Neo_Geo_MVS

attachicon.gif4 lights.jpg

Sorry man - I couldn't resist.

Lol well at least that reference is to a much better epsiode than your avatar.

That Darmok and Jalad one always gave me a headache with them talking in circles. Too bad there weren't any good Trek games in the arcade. At least none that I'm aware of. That would be a great game for the Jag. Something along the lines of Rescue for the mac would have been great in the arcade and even better on a Jaguar