IGNORED

Horizon: Zero Dawn

Igor

Received this game for my birthday and started playing it over the weekend. I am amazed by how good it is, just instantly draws you in. Cool concept of the robotic beasts/enemies too! I can see spending too much time exploring the whole world within it!

Yea it's a great game. My sister's bf described it as one of his favorite games ever... I don't know that I'd go that far, but it's really good. My main complaint is that the main character, and in fact all characters, are a bit too "clean." It can draw you out of the reality of the situation somewhat (she's living in the wilderness at the beginning of the game but has perfectly clean skin and hair?), but it's a minor nitpick. The graphics are breathtaking, no doubt.

It's not a hard game to platinum if you're into trophy hunting. Enjoy!

Heard about the DLC, will probably get that too. Did the first Long Neck override today, so cool. The atmosphere in the game is just amazing, the only thing I wish could be changed is how far the camera follows behind Aloy, it feels a bit too close at times.

• 3 weeks later...

Just recently started playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

I really like it so far.

Got kind of hung up getting the trip caster. From internet searches I see more than a few others hit a snag there as well.

My problem was, I thought I needed to sell the scrapper lens rather than buy the trip caster. So, when I was looking in my resources I could not find the scrapper lens. I did not notice until I had been to the Western Cul-de-sac and killed all the scrappers there that the scrapper lens was in inventory under the special item category.

After I went back to the trader and bought the trip caster, everything went smoothly.

• Like 1

I hope you have a PS4 Pro because it looks even better on it since it was optimized to do so. Those cutscenes are stunning. I cannot play it for long at a time because I cannot stand the PS4 controller.

No, I got my PS4 long before Pro was available. There was a time in my life when cutting edge electronics were a priority for me but that time passed. I can hold out for PS5 :)

Or, should I hold out for PS5 Pro? Hmmm.

• Like 1

I'm also playing it on the PS4, not the Pro and holding out till the next gen PS5 or whatever they call it will come out...my SNES mini that plays Atari Lynx games on it is keeping me entertained now too :-D

• Like 1

So easy to get sidetracked in this game.

I spent last evening hunting fox near Sigma Cauldron so that I could get a fox skin to trade for a golden fast travel pack.

One would think fox skin would not be so rare since presumably every fox has one. :)

HZD is a very entertaining game for sure.

So, I learned the truth last night and then got captured and thrown into the sun ring with a corrupted behemoth.

At this point I am taking a break. This boss does not look like any fun.

If it is the section I'm thinking of, that boss battle was much easier than it looks. I won't spoil why.

• Like 1