IGNORED

Games YOU would like to see ported to TI-99

TheTIGuy

• 3 months later...

If you're still interested in this project, may I make a couple of suggestions?

*Puzzle games (whether text or graphics based) translate well into TI BASIC. I am currently working on one called Jedi Gauntlet. Download it and give it a try. :) It is a simple puzzle game with a simple user interface, and written wholly in console BASIC. I am a huge fan of console BASIC, and I plan to do some more work in the language going forward.

*Jedi Gauntlet: Use the Force to move things to achieve a goal. Super simple, right?

Level instructions are below, and the 3 level demo is attached to this post.

I say all this to say, think about really interesting puzzle games. Stuff like Minesweeper, Cogito, Tetris... All within the scope of BASIC, if you learn the tricks. I hope you keep programming. The TI can use all the programmers it can get. :) We have some brilliant programmers in our community, and they all started somewhere. :)

L1: Leave your underground home on Degobah and make your way to the X-Wing fighter.

L2: While on the way to Hoth, the Millenium Falcon encounters tough Empire resistance... Without Luke on the guns, the Falcon is dangerously crippled and Chewbacca is killed, leaving only Han Solo to pilot the ship and Yoda is responsible for repairs. In L2, you must repair the Falcon's hyperdrive by putting new phase inverters into the accelerator compensation chambers.

L3: Once the initial repair is complete, the Empire starts bearing down on the Falcon. You have very little time to complete the final repair. You must get to the engine core and replace the Warp Vortex stabilizer. You MUST get it into the correct compartment, or your ship will be immediately destroyed.

JEDIDEMO.zip

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/29/2017 at 1:50 AM, oracle_jedi said:

A few suggestions:

Coup d'Etat - a Sharp MZ80 magazine listing game published back in 1982. Wraithchild was going to take a stab at converting it to the 8-bit Atari.

Thanks for the Suggestion. Coup D'Etat is a really cool game.  I have converted it to TRS-80 MC-10 and ironed out a lot of bugs from the C64 source I was working from.  Not sure the C64 source would be winnable in its original form.  For those interested in what I've done to the source look here: https://github.com/jggames/trs80mc10/tree/master/quicktype/Strategy %26 Simulation/Coup

The game can be tried out here via a Javascript emulator: http://faculty.cbu.ca/jgerrie/MC10/