IGNORED

Suggestions for laser projector games

laserdock

I'm not sure what qualifies as "a lot of detail" but a few personal vector favorites that might translate well:

Lunar Lander

Black Widow

Omega Race

Rip Off

Gravitar

Major Havoc

Zektor

Armor Attack

Space Fury

Space Duel

Quantum

Battlezone

Red Baron

Star Wars

Warrior

Aztarac

Cosmic Chasm

War of the Worlds

Tac/Scan

Okay. So I guess that's about all of them. I'd think Lunar Lander and Black Widow would provide a solid base for a good update though. Or even Omega Race with the addition of power ups like Mario Kart could be a blast. It's likely more detail but I always thought War of the Worlds was really well done and fun too even though it never saw a release.

Edited by DaveD
  • Like 1

One more I forgot to mention. Solar Quest.

Dead simple, sort of an Asteroids variant. Another favorite of mine but I think some of that may be due to the memories of playing the game in the arcades and the cool vibe it presents with the illuminated overlay. It's a lot of fun but not necessarily a showcase game for new hardware. Might be cool to use the fog effects to simulate the glowy background vibe. Maybe even use the "music driven effects " to somehow control the gravity of the center sun to adjust according to tempo?

Great, keep them coming.... An emulator won't work because the amount of lines that can be drawn at one time is severely limited. There is however a Screencast function built-in, so it could theoretically work for all desktop apps, but it won't look smooth. Making these games natively on our platform is more tedious, but the result is higher quality.

One more thing guys, we could use a play tester who has good experience with retro games, someone who could give feedback and suggestions on games that are already in our system, as well as input for upcoming games. PM me or email b2b@wickedlasers.com if interested, willing to pay cash or trade product.

• 3 months later...

One more thing guys, we could use a play tester who has good experience with retro games, someone who could give feedback and suggestions on games that are already in our system, as well as input for upcoming games. PM me or email b2b@wickedlasers.com if interested, willing to pay cash or trade product.

More than a few of us would do this for free if we were near your area :)

I wonder if a Tempest or Beamrider game could be done with this- I sure hope so!

• 3 weeks later...

Elite with a simplified HUD.

Another thing that could be nice is to create a driver for it to QLC+. So that it could be used as a lighting component for shows.

Edit: Oh well, you are already doing this...

Edited by karri