IGNORED

Intellivision HDMI?

ZillaRUSH

I thought the f18a outputs vga 640x480. Are you using an external vga-hdmi converter. There was an rgb modification for Intellivision and with an hdmi converter would give similar results. But I don't think that rgb kit is available anymore.

The Intellivision graphics processor doesn't have a sprite issue that needs fixing like the Colecovision. Colecovision graphics supports 32 sprites but only displays four on a scanline. Intellivision displays all eight of its sprites all the time. And I think the f18a redefines the colecovision's 15 colour palette. Not sure if anyone has issue with the Intellivision 16 colours.

Edited by mr_me

The ultimate flashback/raspberry pi and software emulation can be 100% accurate but it's not the same as real hardware. One day someone will make an fpga Intellivision with native hdmi output.

Why isn't it the same as the real deal? If using a Intellivision hand controller would that not be Intellivision nirvana?

Software emulation (aka simulation) and hardware emulation are two different things. With software emulation you have a fast computer working very hard to behave like a slow computer. The emulation program runs sequentially to simulate things that are normally done in parallel by different components. If done right the output can be very accurate, even more accurate than a poorly implemented fpga solution.

With hardware emulation like fpga the original chips are essentially being cloned. It's much more straightforward than software emulation. It's possible software emulation is more accurate than a poorly implemented fpga solution. However, hardware emulation will always be closer to the original.

I have looked around for an HDMI or VGA+audio mod for my a intellivision. I never figured out who I had to have sex with to get what I want, so I still have crappy connectivity to my modern TV.

Good to know you can get quality output from the CV, options are a little more limited on the Intellivision currently.

I finally broke down and purchased a ColecoVision F18/HMDI. Holy crap!! Unreal. I'm sure you all have talked about it before...can you do such a mod on INTV? The clarity and no flicker blows me away. Made it a new gaming experience. INTV in HD would be sweet!! Thanks!

• Like 1