Photo

Yahtzee needs joystick control!

3 replies to this topic

#1 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• 556 posts

Posted Thu Oct 5, 2017 6:23 AM

I just acquired a Yahtzee cart (without manual), and was looking at the instructions in the game/playing through- it'd been a LONG time since I played it!   My dad had a copy on disk that I suspect was acquired from less than conventional means ;)

Anyhoo, playing through this and using the keyboard I was thinking that this game would've been cool if they allowed for use of a joystick for rolling the dice, moving down the scorecard, and confirming input. 

You would still use the number keys to select the dice, but i think joystick would make the input a little more user-friendly.

#2 save2600 OFFLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 14,152 posts

Posted Thu Oct 5, 2017 8:31 AM

I hear you, but like how games like this give you an excuse to exercise the keyboard! :lol:

#3 digdugnate OFFLINE  

digdugnate

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 556 posts

Posted Thu Oct 5, 2017 8:42 AM

I hear you, but like how games like this give you an excuse to exercise the keyboard! :lol:

ok, i hear that! :)  i do find it weird that in Parsec using the keyboard you can't move upwards and fire at the same time- at least i couldn't.

#4 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

River Patroller

• 4,777 posts
  • HarmlessLion

Posted Thu Oct 5, 2017 3:48 PM

ok, i hear that! :)  i do find it weird that in Parsec using the keyboard you can't move upwards and fire at the same time- at least i couldn't.

Use period to fire, you should then be able to move at the same time :)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users