Photo

In defense of Pac-Man...

279 replies to this topic

#276 bradhig1 OFFLINE  

bradhig1

Dragonstomper

• 602 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:20 PM

Pacman vitanim leeching.   I didn't know the mic was on when I was running xsplit.  If only there was a way to speed up stella. Playing on game 2

Edited by bradhig1, Yesterday, 8:40 PM.

#277 ZylonBane OFFLINE  

ZylonBane

River Patroller

• 3,903 posts

Posted Today, 12:01 AM

... and in case you didn't know, they butchered the 2600 and Intellivision versions on purpose in hopes you will give in and buy a ColecoVision instead. #RESIST

Not sure if joking or crazy person.

#278 CPUWIZ OFFLINE  

CPUWIZ

Commander

• 32,452 posts
  • Cartridge Recycler

Posted Today, 1:02 AM

Not sure if joking or crazy person.

Who?

#279 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,669 posts

Posted Today, 1:35 AM

​...and the 2600 port of Pac-Man was intentionally crippled to upsell the 5200  :roll: 

If the goal is to cause consumers to abandon their current system, it would not be of interest to release ports to those platforms at all.  The goal is to make money...not to spend it creating something that you hope nobody would buy!  BTW Gerry Kitchen has stated that his 2600 version was his best effort at the time, and that if he didn't spend so much development time on the hammers (instead of dropping that feature), he might have worked in a 3rd and possibly 4th screen.  Regardless, the port was an instant hit.

#280 Nukey Shay OFFLINE  

Nukey Shay

Sheik Yerbouti

• 21,669 posts

Posted Today, 1:46 AM

Pacman vitanim leeching.   I didn't know the mic was on when I was running xsplit.  If only there was a way to speed up stella. Playing on game 2

Altering the frame rate is cheating...there are much easier ways to do that.

Did you know that game 2 is exactly the same as game 6 due to a glitch?  Game 2 was supposed to have a slower Pac-Man according to the manual.  I'm thinking that adding the children's versions had introduced that problem (an oversight when choosing the player speed...the comparison is off by 2).

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users