IGNORED

Retro City Rampage DX getting special physical release on Switch

Rick Dangerous

Here is the news:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/a_retro_city_rampage_dx_retail_collectors_edition_is_heading_to_the_switch

Will have to pick this up just because the game looks fun and i'll support good stuff like this on physical media anyday.

Here is where to order:

http://vblank.com/

Thoughts? Will you be picking it up?

I have it on GoG, had the PS4 one and was so lazy I never opened it and sold it off with the other PS4 games awhile back. It seems like a nice game but I'm largely on GTA burnout and have been for many years. I'm on their mailer, I may grab it but I don't know. If I do it'll be the basic version.

Sold out in a hot minute! Probably a lot of re-sellers and speculators on that one...

Given how the PS4 version ended up costing like $30 too and selling for $150 at 5x the value yeah probably lots of scalpers. I missed out on it so I'm annoyed so I haven't bothered to check ebay to get further bugged over it.

Given how the PS4 version ended up costing like $30 too and selling for $150 at 5x the value yeah probably lots of scalpers. I missed out on it so I'm annoyed so I haven't bothered to check ebay to get further bugged over it.

what about the special version?

what about the special version?

When I had thought I lost out they had plenty of the other but I wasn't going to blow an added $15 for a CD I'd never listen to and a keychain of no use to me either. If I pay for fluff I better have some use for it other than storage. :)

Funny enough though they put more of the $30 version up online and I was able to get it earlier today so it worked out. It went dead shortly after so either they're throwing out a few at a time, some few people cancelled, or who knows what. Perhaps they really have done that minimum Nintendo order and they're just going to tease people with 100 here, 500 there randomly to get them all out.

It's surprisingly a decent little game. I was able to get one of those basic releases of this on Switch and it's not bad. I've only taken it through the NES inspired konami/capcom run-down training with the MG, Bionic Commando, Contra, Jackal jokes and stuff and then the back to the future pedestrian mow down. Decided to rob a gun runner and got a rocket launcher and some other goodies, and found some zelda inspired LARP weenie in a cave for a nice sword and shield. It handles well and it's a little less on the annoyingly aggressive side that GTA took a bit way too far in GTA4 and since.