IGNORED

HSC14 Round 18: Stealth & Nightraiders

Stealth & Nightraiders

stealth_broderbund_2.gifnightraiders_datamost.gif

Prevent Earth from being over run by tyrants? but wait! it's too late! We have already been over run, so we need to do something about that first so the other tyrants can take over - then we can repel them again... you get the idea probably not but it's fly around and shoot stuff either way :P

I think I played Landscape the forerunner of Stealth and found it a bit easy so will be nice to see how Stealth compares. Nightraiders was discussed on a recent Antic Podcast (possibly the gary koffler or Hal Glicksman ones ).

Together they should make a nice HSC round. We'll go for a 2 weeker and see how things go. Some good info on atarimania for both games :thumbsup:

Settings/Links/Info

Nightraiders start on Novice, looks like it will level up at the end of each round.

atarimania info fandal xex

Stealth instructions say disk (ATR) version (on post #10) will save scores

atarimania info fandal xex

Tips for both games on post #8

Rounds ends Sunday 22nd October 10am UK time

Scoring tba

Join in and play E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E !

Edited by therealbountybob
  • Like 2

Shame, I was looking forward to playing DK Jnr

:D

as runner up the big hairy beastie will go back in for one more chance at some point this season ;)

Next round we might go for a multi-game seasonal haloweener :ponder: we have played loads of ghost games already but I'm sure there's another batch of nasties waiting in the shadows :-o

Stealth:

I played it and finished first level (first time that I see falling the dark tower, cool !) getting 11,000 points, however when I started level 2 the score is reset. Therefore maybe we should choose only one level ? or write done every level's score.

Stealth Ok write down each level as you go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

had a few goes on each game:

Stealth 1200 2600 9700

Nightraiders 1201 1301 1560

Is it me or is Nightraiders terrible? It's rated at 6.9 on atarimania and supposedly inspired by Zaxxon but I can't hardly shoot anything and it's hard to avoid things. Is there another stage after the 3rd open bit?

Stealth Ok write down each level as you go :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

had a few goes on each game:

Stealth 1200 2600 9700

Nightraiders 1201 1301 1560

Is it me or is Nightraiders terrible? It's rated at 6.9 on atarimania and supposedly inspired by Zaxxon but I can't hardly shoot anything and it's hard to avoid things. Is there another stage after the 3rd open bit?

Nightraiders 22,063

It was me! Nightraiders Tips: Survive the first bit - avoid the tanks (or wait until they fire then move across to get them), on the open bit you need to shoot the plane that dives towards you otherwise it will come back on - set your aim guide low to do this. Then keep fuelled as you play and on the final stage you need to shoot the 3 points of the triangle thingy to complete the level - you may need several passes through the game to do this. I reached the 2nd level (cadet 21,150 on the first level). Not managed to shoot the train yet :ponder: on 3rd level more ships to shoot and spacecraft shoot you across screen etc.

post-19705-0-77781500-1507740837.jpg

I have no idea how's the scoring works in Stealth or what is that "rating" thing.

Anyway... game finished.

You played from level 1 and reached the end on level 5? :thumbsup: OK rank wins then score for those of us who don't complete the game :-D

Stealth destroyed 1st tower (15,300) and 12,300 on the 2nd level. XEX locked up at end (grey screen) possibly trying to save score - it was so use ATR version on Post #10

Stealth tips: if you are an idiot like me and wondered why sometimes the distance increases or stops it's because you have turned around so head towards the tower black pole thingy :dunce: Slow down over the energy fields to maximise recharge (you can get 500+ if you are lucky, max charge is 3000). There are some additional baddies on 2nd level possibly you have to head sideways to find more energy fields! 3rd level has more features coming at you forcing you to move. Note: Firing uses 10 units of energy for each shot!

This is the best ATR version you can find on net. Hi score table works well, can be saved on disk. My score is the last one , I signed as PIO.

Thanks for posting the ATR will play it in a minute :thumbsup:

first tables

Stealth (use the ATR version on firstorm's post above if you can as it will show the HSC table and ranking if you get onto it - the XEX locks up with a grey screen. Table by level reached then Ranking or combined scores for each level if you can please post this)

1st Dope 5-Rank 185 12

2nd therealbountybob 2-27600 11

3rd devwebcl 2-20000 10

4th firestorm 2-Rank 44 9

5th jblenkle 1-6400 8

6th carlsson 1-5900 7

Nightraiders

1st therealbountybob 22,063 12

2nd carlsson 3,447 11

3rd jblenkle 1,001 10

[edit] just reached 3rd round on Stealth ranking 45! also 3rd round on Nightraiders (less score) - added more comments to games guide on post #8 :)

• Like 2

latest tables

Stealth (table by Rank - use the ATR version on firstorm's post above if you can, it displays the HSC table at the end of your go (providing you reach level 2) - the XEX locks up with a grey screen.

1st Dope Rank 185 12pts
4th firestorm Rank 62 11pts

3rd therealbountybob Rank 45 10pts
4th devwebcl 2-20000 9pts
5th jblenkle 1-6400 8pts
6th carlsson 1-5900 7pts

Nightraiders

1st therealbountybob 22,063 12pts
2nd McKong 6,944 11pts

2nd carlsson 3,447 10pts
3rd jblenkle 1,001 9pts

Tips for both games on post #8 :)

• Like 1

Reminded this round closes Sunday morning.

Not the best two games we have, Stealth is frustrating as you have to wait for so long - might be worth starting on 3rd level where it is more fun. Nightraiders is ok but could have been much better. Saying that I keep playing with the incentive of trying to get to the 4th round! You can take out the end of level thing in a single pass (left, right, then middle)

Positions for both games will be combined to make 1 set of points (12pts max for top player)

:)

thanks for playing, I've commented on the games already but probably both about 6 of 10 ers and that's being kind ;)

Next round will start soon, I'm just trying to get a disk together :D

final tables

HSC Points

1st therealbountybob 10 12pts
2nd Sikor 8 11pts
3rd carlsson 6 10pts
3rd Dope 6 10pts
5th McKong 5 8pts
5th firestorm 5 8pts
7th jblenkle 4 6pts
7th devwebcl 4 6pts
9th slx 3 4pts
10th RedThunder 2 3pts

Stealth (table by Rank)

1st Dope Rank 185 6
2nd firestorm 66 5

3rd Sikor 65 5
4th therealbountybob 45 4
5th devwebcl 40 4

---------------level 1 score only---------------

6th slx 12,800 3
7th jblenkle 6,400 2
8th carlsson 5,900 2
9th RedThunder 1,000 1

Nightraiders

1st therealbountybob 22,063 6
2nd McKong 6,944 5
3rd carlsson 3,447 4
4th Sikor 1,663 3
5th jblenkle 1,001 2
6th RedThunder 556 1

Tips for both games on post #8 :)

Nice work RT - which ones are yours?

Corrected!

Abbuc Ski-It

Got a link ? Might have a look ;-)

It'll be more imagination than inspiration! I'll send you some screenshots and info later in the year - I had the game working but not much time recently to get the next phase done, as usual my simple game idea gets expanded into a monster :)

• Like 1