Photo

P-code sidecar - PHP 2400

3 replies to this topic

#1 Casey OFFLINE  

Casey

Chopper Commander

• 127 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 9:19 AM

How rare is this thing?  I saw it on the 1982 price list and I believe Fabrice has pictures of it on his excellent site, but I've never seen one even come up on eBay.   Just thinking it might be nice to have for those of us who have nanoPEBs but don't want the full PEB. 

#2 apersson850 OFFLINE  

apersson850

Moonsweeper

• 421 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:05 AM

I've never seen that device. Even the p-code card is pretty rare.

#3 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,169 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 10:06 AM

I have seen exactly two of them since 1982, one of which I have. Mine is a regular production box. I suspect most of these went to schools back then, which would explain the difficulty of finding them today. The other one I saw was a prototype that Mike Dudeck had up for sale on his Tex*In Treasures website. He actually had it there for a couple of years, and sold it about a week before I inquired about it for purchase, as I had finally set aside the finds I needed to buy it--but I was just a little too late. I bought a partially assembled TI 128K memory board for the 99/4A instead.

These are actually a lot harder to find than the Video Controller sidecar boxes. . .

#4 globeron OFFLINE  

globeron

Dragonstomper

• 607 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:08 PM

FYI - Search on YouTube  on "TI99 VIDEOS P-CODE" 

I have almost tested all emulators with it  (except  CADD99 one, but it will work, pretty good emulator)

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users