Photo

New game: Intercept

12 replies to this topic

#1 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• 2,804 posts

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:19 AM

At the request of my good friend Vic Stirrup, I have converted the classic 70's electro-mechanical 2-player game Intercept to a computerized single player version with a computer opponent.

Attached File  Intercept Game.png   330.18KB   7 downloads

Some of you of a certain vintage may remember this game :)

Attached File  Opening screen.png   11.55KB   5 downloads

Attached File  Intercept in-play.png   2.35KB   5 downloads

Please let me know if you find any bugs. I will be demo-ing the game at the Chicago Faire today.

Attached Files

#2 Opry99er OFFLINE  

Opry99er

Quadrunner

• 8,261 posts

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:32 PM

Sooooooo much fun!!!!  Thanks for the game, Walid! 

Buck was asking me if he could get a copy of the game.  :)  Thanks for making it available!

#3 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,804 posts

Posted Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:06 PM

It was great to see the kids have fun with it :)

#4 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,212 posts

Posted Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:53 PM

Oh yeah, Caesar liked it a lot too--and has decided he needs an AtariAge account now too. . .

#5 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,804 posts

Posted Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:47 PM

Why not! He cracked me up when I was trying to show him how to use the arrow keys and he brushed me off with "I know how to do It!" 😁

#6 InfernalKeith OFFLINE  

InfernalKeith

Dragonstomper

• 676 posts

Posted Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:11 PM

Downloading now, this looks awesome.  I don't remember this game at all, though, and I think we're close to the same age.  Is it similar to Battleship?

#7 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,804 posts

Posted Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:10 PM

Downloading now, this looks awesome.  I don't remember this game at all, though, and I think we're close to the same age.  Is it similar to Battleship?

It's in the same category of shell games (battleship, artillery, etc...) I don't recall playing it as a kid either, although I likely would have loved it at the time. There is something to be said about the tactile feel of the games of old bringing an added dimension to the fun which cannot be had with software alone unfortunately.

#8 InfernalKeith OFFLINE  

InfernalKeith

Dragonstomper

• 676 posts

Posted Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:23 PM

I played a couple rounds (as attacker only so far) and I really enjoy this version.  Your games always have a real sense of refinement to them - they look, sound and play so well.  Nicely done!

The Not-Polyoptics game Khe-Sanh is just a more elaborate version of this, pretty much.  

#9 Rossman OFFLINE  

Rossman

Space Invader

• 41 posts

Posted Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:24 PM

Walid, it was great seeing this at the Evanston meet-up.  This is very, very cool.  Great work and well done!

#10 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,804 posts

Posted Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 PM

I played a couple rounds (as attacker only so far) and I really enjoy this version.  Your games always have a real sense of refinement to them - they look, sound and play so well.  Nicely done!

The Not-Polyoptics game Khe-Sanh is just a more elaborate version of this, pretty much.  

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

#11 Vorticon OFFLINE  

Vorticon

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,804 posts

Posted Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:06 PM

Walid, it was great seeing this at the Evanston meet-up.  This is very, very cool.  Great work and well done!

Great to see you too! Meeting people I only know through online forums is one of the main attractions of going to these meetings. Call me old fashioned, but there is nothing like real human interaction, particularly when it comes to common interests. Looking forward to seeing your p-code game finished :)

#12 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

TI-Runner

• 10,600 posts

Posted Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:48 AM

... there is nothing like real human interaction, particularly when it comes to common interests.

^ 

Truer words were never spoken!  :)

#13 Sinphaltimus OFFLINE  

Sinphaltimus

Stargunner

• 1,969 posts
  • Distracted at the Keyboard

Posted Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:33 AM

My friend "Pickles" who won this at the dinner is now on the hunt for a console. YAH!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users