IGNORED

New game: Intercept

Vorticon

At the request of my good friend Vic Stirrup, I have converted the classic 70's electro-mechanical 2-player game Intercept to a computerized single player version with a computer opponent.

post-25753-0-69338500-1507965109.png

Some of you of a certain vintage may remember this game :)

post-25753-0-70625600-1507965835.png

post-25753-0-15060700-1507965826.png

Please let me know if you find any bugs. I will be demo-ing the game at the Chicago Faire today.

Intercept.zip

• Like 12

Downloading now, this looks awesome. I don't remember this game at all, though, and I think we're close to the same age. Is it similar to Battleship?

It's in the same category of shell games (battleship, artillery, etc...) I don't recall playing it as a kid either, although I likely would have loved it at the time. There is something to be said about the tactile feel of the games of old bringing an added dimension to the fun which cannot be had with software alone unfortunately.

I played a couple rounds (as attacker only so far) and I really enjoy this version. Your games always have a real sense of refinement to them - they look, sound and play so well. Nicely done!

The Not-Polyoptics game Khe-Sanh is just a more elaborate version of this, pretty much.

Thank you for the kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Walid, it was great seeing this at the Evanston meet-up. This is very, very cool. Great work and well done!

Great to see you too! Meeting people I only know through online forums is one of the main attractions of going to these meetings. Call me old fashioned, but there is nothing like real human interaction, particularly when it comes to common interests. Looking forward to seeing your p-code game finished :)

• Like 1