IGNORED

32 bit pci video card wanted

accousticguitar

My pentium ii computer is not outputting video so I am wondering if a video card would fix the issue. I don't want to pay too much since I don't know if that will fix the problem or not. If you have an old pci video card laying around that you want to get rid of let, me know how much you want for it.

Another thing I like to try is to boot them up with the bare minimum and work my way from there. So any pci cards not needed I would take them out. Even unplug the hard drive or any floppies or cd rom drive. I would try starting it up with one ram card at a time or maybe even none to start with just to see if you get something on the screen, then put one in, the other one, just start adding things back till it doesn't work again(provided something worked at all using this method).

Another thing I like to try is to boot them up with the bare minimum and work my way from there. So any pci cards not needed I would take them out. Even unplug the hard drive or any floppies or cd rom drive. I would try starting it up with one ram card at a time or maybe even none to start with just to see if you get something on the screen, then put one in, the other one, just start adding things back till it doesn't work again(provided something worked at all using this method).

I will try that. Thanks for the suggestions.

You stated this is Pentium II system? Does it still have a coin battery in it for keeping the CMOS settings? I have an old Asus TX97E board that will not boot unless I have a good coin battery in it. Might not be related..but..just thought I would ask about it.

Also could be an issue with the power supply as well. After all..you should always apply ASAP when troubleshooting pretty much anything that plugs into a wall outlet.