I don't know how much crossover there is between this forum and the vectrex area at proboards - in case there are homebrew programmers here who aren't aware of it - I've (re)started a project to write a Tailgunner lookalike which I started about 15 years ago and then shelved. This time I am determined to finish it and have got a lot farther than I did before - WIP can be seen at http://gtoal.com/vec...gunner/main.bin- I've been building it piece by piece and am now getting to the hard bit - the ships.
I may have to cut a couple of corners but from experiments so far I think it should look enough like the original to evoke some of the same feeling when playing it.
Anyway... I am coding this in public view - a recent (if not up to the hour) source will always be posted in http://gtoal.com/vec...ner/main.c.html(or http://gtoal.com/vectrex/tailgunner/main.c ) and suggestions and collaborations are (extremely) welcome. Even criticisms :-) (Very thick skinned, I won't take offence. However some limitations I do already know about and were either expedient to get something started or are shortcuts to avoid computational overheads)
I know people have wanted Tailgunner on the Vectrex for a long time, so if you're one of them and a programmer, feel free to contribute. This will be open source and free in all senses. I've set myself an informal deadline of Christmas (this year ) and one of the reasons I'm working on this in public view is so that there's pressure on me to finish it this time :-)