IGNORED

Colecovision HSC Fall Knockout Tournament Round 4 - H.E.R.O. (Final Round)

250px-COLECO_VISION_LOGO.svg.png

HIGH SCORE CLUB

Fall Knockout Tournament Round 4 (Final Round)

116.png61.jpg1024.png

Game Information

Game Name: H.E.R.O.

Released by: CV 1984 Activision (John Van Ryzin)

CV HSC HIGH Score: Game 1: 229,630 NCG (7/2013 HSC 6)

Settings: Game 1

Manual: http://www.colecovisionzone.com/photos/game/manual/hero%20manual.pdf

Round Ends: Monday October 23th at Noon

Rules are simple. Each week, the player with the lowest score is eliminated until one individual remains atop the carnage. Good Luck!

our-vision.JPG

H.E.R.O. Scores

1)jblenkle 137,355

2)DuggerVideoGames 83,635 ELIMINATED

Other H.E.R.O. Scores

1)ed1475 28,625

2)

Players

1)DuggerVideoGames

2)jblenkle

3)Bmack36 (Eliminated Round 3)

4)ed1475 (Eliminated Round 2)

5)NCG (Eliminated Round 1)

h-e-r-o-1984.rom

HERO: 58,970 pts.

What a terrible fate for me at the end of this run. There I was on this screen with plenty of time left to beat the level, but NO DYNAMITE REMAINING. I just stood there wondering what to do, then when the timer was ready to expire, I destroyed the bat for extra points above the water and ended the game by falling into the water.

It took me a lot of runs to do this well and get this far. I'll give it another go sometime, but it's unlikely that I top jbenkle's score.

post-45996-0-34351600-1508203587_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I've never seen that movie. Enlighten me as to what rule have I broken more than once?

I only saw the movie ONCE (years after friends constantly hounding me and telling me I need to see it). It's okay, but not one of my favorites. The rule for Fight Club (a club where they get together to have fights) is that you DON'T talk about Fight Club. That rule has been a running gag on the Internet for years that is applied to whatever you want to apply it to.

Gags/jokes aside, keep talking about the Colecovision High Score Club. It's an awesome club!

• Like 1

You do know you can use the laser on the walls don't you? Takes longer than blowing them up, but it works.

HERO: 58,970 pts.

What a terrible fate for me at the end of this run. There I was on this screen with plenty of time left to beat the level, but NO DYNAMITE REMAINING. I just stood there wondering what to do, then when the timer was ready to expire, I destroyed the bat for extra points above the water and ended the game by falling into the water.

It took me a lot of runs to do this well and get this far. I'll give it another go sometime, but it's unlikely that I top jbenkle's score.

attachicon.gifHERO 58,970 pts.jpg

You do know you can use the laser on the walls don't you? Takes longer than blowing them up, but it works.

I actually did not know that. When I fired a few shots and it looked like there was no damage to the wall, I just simply gave up. Damn. Thanks! Still not going to come close to your 100k, though.

You have to fire a constant stream of the laser at the wall...it will start to break down and then finally disappear.

I actually did not know that. When I fired a few shots and it looked like there was no damage to the wall, I just simply gave up. Damn. Thanks! Still not going to come close to your 100k, though.

• Like 1

I'm really surprised that I'm leading this thing...I thought I was a goner with Sewer Sam as I had never really played that game a lot and had a previous high score of something like 122.

Hey, don't get cocky. If I have three sessions of 50k, that's over 150k for me.

H.E.R.O.: 83,635 pts. This is probably as good as it gets for me. Easily the best run I've ever had (I reached level 14 before losing a single life). Not to toot my own horn, but there aren't many Coleco games where I encounter players who CRUSH my score in a game (unless I'm terrible at a game, like Bump n' Jump). I haven't been able to sniff 100k yet, let alone 130k. Impressive gaming, Joe!

post-45996-0-18034900-1508490985_thumb.jpg

Edited by DuggerVideoGames

I just noticed NCG holds our club's record with over 229k. :-o The elimination in Venture apparently saved us both from a butt whipping.

Hey NCG! Despite the fact that you're not in this round, you should still gun for your record and see if you set a new one (eliminated from tourney or not, a record-setting performance is a record-setting performance. Go for it!)

Edited by DuggerVideoGames
  • Like 1

I've played this game so many times that I remember exactly what is coming on every screen and can play it incredibly fast. My downfall comes when I start getting careless and make stupid mistakes. There are a few screens where timing is incredibly important. On some plays I can breeze right through them. Other times, I sit here and stare at the screen and just can't figure out when I should go.

It's weird too...some games I can play better via emulation. Others I need the Coleco joystick on a real machine. This and Super Cobra fall into that category.

Your 83,635 is a good score!!! I still think I was lucky not to have been eliminated on Sewer Sam.

H.E.R.O.: 83,635 pts. This is probably as good as it gets for me. Easily the best run I've ever had (I reached level 14 before losing a single life). Not to toot my own horn, but there aren't many Coleco games where I encounter players who CRUSH my score in a game (unless I'm terrible at a game, like Bump n' Jump). I haven't been able to sniff 100k yet, let alone 130k. Impressive gaming, Joe!

attachicon.gifHERO 83,635 pts.jpg

• Like 1

I just noticed NCG holds our club's record with over 229k. :-o The elimination in Venture apparently saved us both from a butt whipping.

Hey NCG! Despite the fact that you're not in this round, you should still gun for your record and see if you set a new one (eliminated from tourney or not, a record-setting performance is a record-setting performance. Go for it!)

I might post a score over the weekend, but not much time for any gaming lately. We are remodeling the basement and some yard work to do one last time before the cold weather rolls in.

• Like 1