Magician Master Status:
!Proof of ConceptPlatform(s):
Intellivision (Colecovision version planned later)Genre:
Magician Master Notes:
Concept initially inspired by Kareteka, BUT with many improvements: faster gameplay; sword fighting; room traps; etc. Monster transformation inspired by Magician Lord for Neo-Geo.
Each level is comprised of static screens. Every screen contains either an enemy or hazard (i.e. traps) to overcome. Traps will range from floor spikes, collapsing floors to falling rocks, to name just a few.
Enemies can wield a variety of weapons, but never more than one at a time.Enemy list (Sprites will eventually follow to illustrate these descriptions):Royal Guard
- These are Nishgar's personal servants. They guard the entrance to Monsutā-jō (Monster Castle). Their swordplay is second to none.The Faitā
-!The Faitā are a group of well-trained assassins that guard the inner hallway of Monsutā-jō Their shrunken projectiles are deadly.Heshi
- The Heshi are large, muscular warriors that fight with their hands. Legend has it that the warlord Nisghar summoned these abominations from the deep, dark recesses of the Nether to solidify his rule over mankind.Grogs
- Grogs are a race of trolls that were enslaved to fight in Nisghar's army. He keeps their queen imprisoned in an unknown location as a way to keep these beasts loyal.Boneheads
- Re-animated skeletons of fallen warriors. These monsters are the frontline of Nishgar's army.Creeping Death
- Gelatinous, black blobs that are imbued with Nishgar's dark magic. They can levitate and float through the environment.
(More monsters to come)
Bosses: Coming Soon
------------------------------------------Magician Master (Different Forms)
During the game, the Magician Master can take on different forms. This can be accomplished by picking up Beast Orbs. When an orb is picked up, Magician Master will transform. This form will remain until the player is either killed or a different Beast Orb is obtained. The player can only take on one Beast form at a time. The player may retain a beast form throughout the entire game, if they don't die. If the player enters a new level and finds a different Beast Orb, they can walk over it to change their form. But once this happens, the previous Beast form will be lost.Crimsongar
- A humanoid-like dragon that shoots fireballs.
Strengths: Powerful Projectiles
Weaknesses: Weak ArmorAquanious
- An ancient God of Atlantis. He uses a trident as a projectile to inflict damage.
Strengths: extinguishes fires
- A wolf/human hybrid that has an insatiable thirst for blood.
Strengths: Can jump very high
- A demon humanoid hybrid that possesses the power of fire. Instead of shooting a projectile, Samsun uses a large ring of fire that surrounds his body. Anything within proximity of this fire shield will be destroyed.
Strengths: His fire shield can kill multiple enemies at once
Weaknesses: He moves very slow
Edited by ColecoGamer, Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:52 PM.