1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

1088XEL ITX Christmas 2017

198 replies to this topic

#126 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• 1,174 posts

Posted Fri Nov 3, 2017 6:36 PM

I'll be posting a pdf/video on my site and Mytekcontrols plans to mirror it on his on using Microchip's free dl MPLAB software and a 3rd party cloned PICKit3 clone programmer.   Should be up in a few days.  :)

Finally finished the pdf/video I talked about.  There will be a third video on the PIC Adapter being offered by MacRorie.  As soon as I get the pcbs in and assembled.  :)

In the meantime this should give those folks who intend to DIY the 1088XEL boards a good start on what is needed and how to do it.  Mytekcontrols also offers the Joy2PC programmer that will work with the PIC Adapter as well.  His newer pcb will combine Joy2PC programmer with builtin single PIC chip programming socket.  Both will be Atari joystick controled. 

Edited by Dropcheck, Fri Nov 3, 2017 6:36 PM.

#127 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,526 posts

Posted Sun Nov 5, 2017 4:55 PM

Received the 2 Bare Bboards in yesterday.  Thanks Mac :) :thumbsup:

Which Daughter Boards will be included in the FullBOM kit?

#128 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 12,758 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:49 AM

Third and penultimate video for those interested (skip first six minutes of bad audio):

Will insert ICs and power on in final part, then see whether I have a viral fail video on my hands. :)

Edited by flashjazzcat, Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:56 AM.

#129 ultrasteve OFFLINE  

ultrasteve

Chopper Commander

• 144 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:54 AM

@MacRorie - registering my intention to buy one fully assembled in a 3D printed case please!

#130 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,612 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:41 AM

Add a bare board to my interest please. 

#131 mistapaul OFFLINE  

mistapaul

Space Invader

• 13 posts
  • be the best you can be and no more!

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 9:46 AM

interested in a fully assembled one

#132 KLund1 OFFLINE  

KLund1

Moonsweeper

• 478 posts

Posted Mon Nov 6, 2017 3:48 PM

I would like a fully assembled system will all the goodies installed in a case. But without any of the Atari chips. I have plenty of those.

THANKS!! for doing all this!!

#133 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 12,758 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 4:05 AM

Last video (fully annotated) for those interested in self-assembly:

#134 Spaced Cowboy OFFLINE  

Spaced Cowboy

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 10:59 AM

I'll have one of the fully-assembled ones with the H80 case please - "the works" if you will, preferably with a blue board :) 

Shipping to San Jose, CA, USA.

Is it still $650, or is that price out of date now ?

Cheers

Simon

#135 mytekcontrols OFFLINE  

mytekcontrols

River Patroller

• 2,201 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 11:19 AM

I'll have one of the fully-assembled ones with the H80 case please - "the works" if you will, preferably with a blue board :)

Shipping to San Jose, CA, USA.

Is it still $650, or is that price out of date now ?

Cheers

Simon

Hi Simon  :),

On the Realan H80 case... I am still finalizing some of the special accessory PCB's for such, so currently Marlin does not have all that would be required to build up a finished version based on this style case. Also unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he has even offered to do that, and instead has offered one with a custom 3D printed case. However I certainly can't speak for him on this matter, but I felt it important to at least let you know that not all of the pieces are currently in place to do what you are asking for. It is also a very pricey way to go, hence the offer for a 3D case instead.

- Michael

#136 Spaced Cowboy OFFLINE  

Spaced Cowboy

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 11:26 AM

Hi Simon  :),

On the Realan H80 case... I am still finalizing some of the special accessory PCB's for such, so currently Marlin does not have all that would be required to build up a finished version based on this style case. Also unless I'm mistaken, I don't think he has even offered to do that, and instead has offered one with a custom 3D printed case. However I certainly can't speak for him on this matter, but I felt it important to at least let you know that not all of the pieces are currently in place to do what you are asking for. It is also a very pricey way to go, hence the offer for a 3D case instead.

- Michael

Ok, sure, if it's not available, that's fine :)

I was going by the first post where one of the options is "Fully Assembled in a Realan case", but if the commercial case is not an option then I think I'd go for "Fully Assembled" instead. I have a CNC machine and a 3D printer :)

So would I be correct in assuming that was $500 then ?

Cheers

Simon

Edited by Spaced Cowboy, Tue Nov 7, 2017 11:27 AM.

#137 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,612 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Tue Nov 7, 2017 2:42 PM

My understanding was all of the prices are estimates until bulk orders come in and stuff can be priced out accurately

#138 MacRorie ONLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 733 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:29 AM

My understanding was all of the prices are estimates until bulk orders come in and stuff can be priced out accurately

That is exactly the case.  I am really moving as quickly as I can on this, but GADZOOKS! It broke out of my shop and it has taken over my dining room!  I had to buy new storage just to keep track of it all.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_5528.JPG
  • IMG_6657.JPG

#139 MacRorie ONLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 733 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:34 AM

Received the 2 Bare Bboards in yesterday.  Thanks Mac :) :thumbsup:

Which Daughter Boards will be included in the FullBOM kit?

My thoughts (and they are just that right now) i that a fully BOM would include all Atari chips, Ult1M, UAV.  As I pull things together, it will get sharper. As you can tell from the PILE of stuff on my dining room table, I am still making sure that I got everything I needed from all of the vendors.

#140 MacRorie ONLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 733 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 12:38 AM

Ok, sure, if it's not available, that's fine :)

I was going by the first post where one of the options is "Fully Assembled in a Realan case", but if the commercial case is not an option then I think I'd go for "Fully Assembled" instead. I have a CNC machine and a 3D printer :)

So would I be correct in assuming that was $500 then ?

Cheers

Simon

There is a price estimate for a Realan case on the interest sheet.  I just ordered 8 of them (after that number of units, the price per unit actually INCREASEs due to shipping).  I am also investigating options of taking empty suitcases to ShangHai and bringing them back that way as the price is ~constant whether you are paying in USD or RMB, but shipping is a almost 50% of the cost.  But I cannot cost things out until (as Michael notes) I have all parts in hand and can get constant sources.

Like I said, I will keep people apprised as often as I can.  If you do not see an update, feel free to drop me a line.

Also, if you are just purchasing a bareboard, feel free to send payment along and I will ship it out.  CHECK POST #1 for updated Interest list

#141 mytekcontrols OFFLINE  

mytekcontrols

River Patroller

• 2,201 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:26 AM

MacRorie is going to have to buy a 2nd home before this is all done, since this project is taking over his entire house :) .

- Michael

#142 Spaced Cowboy OFFLINE  

Spaced Cowboy

Space Invader

• 14 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 8:57 AM

That's cool - I guess I'm jumping the gun a bit :)

I looked at the list and some were saying "paid", but I just realised that those are only the "bareboard" ones. Duh!

#143 AtariGeezer OFFLINE  

AtariGeezer

River Patroller

• 2,526 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:45 PM

My thoughts (and they are just that right now) i that a fully BOM would include all Atari chips, Ult1M, UAV.  As I pull things together, it will get sharper. As you can tell from the PILE of stuff on my dining room table, I am still making sure that I got everything I needed from all of the vendors.

That's cool,  I still want the full bom kit,  so please keep that on your list besides the already bought 2 bare boards :)

Will you be adding the XEL-CF Compact Flash Adapter Board  /Parts also as an option?

Edited by AtariGeezer, Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:46 PM.

#144 MacRorie ONLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 733 posts

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 6:56 PM

That's cool,  I still want the full bom kit,  so please keep that on your list besides the already bought 2 bare boards :)

Will you be adding the XEL-CF Compact Flash Adapter Board  /Parts also as an option?

Yes, I have all parts and PCBs for that option.  I will be offering it in all forms and with all options.

#145 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,381 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Wed Nov 8, 2017 7:32 PM

Yes, I have all parts and PCBs for that option.  I will be offering it in all forms and with all options.

Woohoo!!! I am *so* excited to build this thing, y’all have no idea!

#146 DrVenkman OFFLINE  

DrVenkman

River Patroller

• 2,381 posts
  • Back off, man! I'm a scientist.

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:46 AM

MacRorie - In case I wasn’t clear, please put me down for a full BOM but without the main board (since I’ve already gotten two already). Thanks! :)

#147 jamm OFFLINE  

jamm

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:03 AM

Please put me down for a full build in a 3D-printed case, blue board if they're still available!

#148 ajacocks OFFLINE  

ajacocks

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:34 AM

MacRorie,

I would like 1 "Bareboards with a complete BOM-UNASSEMBLED" kit.

Thanks!
- Alex

#149 Darkstar2k OFFLINE  

Darkstar2k

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 AM

I am interested in a Bareboard with the complete BOM-UNASSEMBLED.

DarkStar2k

#150 Bumzyman OFFLINE  

Bumzyman

Chopper Commander

• 173 posts

Posted Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:37 AM

I'm also interested in a bare board with the complete BOM.

Possibly a case if its something like what mytek put together.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users