1088XEL Atari ITX Motherboard Pre-order & Interest Thread

1088XEL ITX Christmas 2017

183 replies to this topic

#176 mytekcontrols OFFLINE  

mytekcontrols

River Patroller

• 2,191 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:15 PM

If an 1088XEL made an appearance on 8bitGuy's web show it would definitely increase exposure and possibly bring a few more sales. I'd have to agree with Dr. Venkman though, as $300 is a lot of money. 8bitGuy did say the 1088XEL was a cool project on Facebook, so he is already aware of it.

I dunno, do you really think we have a chance of competing with that PE6502 board? It sure has some awesome looking games!

:rolling:

Seriously though, it was a rather nice implementation of a micro Apple1. I especially liked the idea of using the Propeller chip to sub in for the original video terminal chip, although it's too bad that they didn't enable some additional screen addressable aspects. But when the guy on the show soldered in the power connector very crooked I couldn't help cringing every time I saw it.

- Michael

#177 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner

• 1,174 posts

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:41 PM

Finally finished the pdf/video I talked about.  There will be a third video on the PIC Adapter being offered by MacRorie.  As soon as I get the pcbs in and assembled.  :)

In the meantime this should give those folks who intend to DIY the 1088XEL boards a good start on what is needed and how to do it.  Mytekcontrols also offers the Joy2PC programmer that will work with the PIC Adapter as well.  His newer pcb will combine Joy2PC programmer with builtin single PIC chip programming socket.  Both will be Atari joystick controled.

Just wanted to update this post.  I've finished the third video on the PIC adapter itself.  So I updated the pdf file with the link to the final Youtube video. 

Also wanted to show a pic of what the final XEL Multi-AUX SIO and PIC Adapter boards would look like once completely assembled.

DSC_2581.jpg

DSC_2583.jpg

Let MacRorie know if you want one of these.  I think he is going to offer both assembled and bare board options. 

#178 MacRorie OFFLINE  

MacRorie

Dragonstomper

• Topic Starter
  • 726 posts
  • No matter where you go, there you are.

Posted Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:28 PM

Just wanted to update this post.  I've finished the third video on the PIC adapter itself.  So I updated the pdf file with the link to the final Youtube video. 

Also wanted to show a pic of what the final XEL Multi-AUX SIO and PIC Adapter boards would look like once completely assembled.

Let MacRorie know if you want one of these.  I think he is going to offer both assembled and bare board options. 

Indeed I am!  Everything will be finished by the end of the week (or I will ;-) )

#179 EamonShoot OFFLINE  

EamonShoot

Space Invader

• 33 posts

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:44 AM

Interested in BB + BOM please - thank you!

#180 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,609 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:02 AM

Am I the only one not seeing Lenore's pictures for the pic and multi aux?

#181 Stephen OFFLINE  

Stephen

Quadrunner

• 6,497 posts
  • A8 Gear Head

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 AM

Am I the only one not seeing Lenore's pictures for the pic and multi aux?

They are showing OK for me.

#182 orpheuswaking OFFLINE  

orpheuswaking

Quadrunner

• 5,609 posts
  • Lone Raider Time!

Posted Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 AM

They are showing OK for me.

Odd, I just see the file names 

#183 Dropcheck OFFLINE  

Dropcheck

Stargunner